Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Charles barkley auto, good or bad?

Comments

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of variations of his signature but not like that. Could be wrong but I probably would not buy it unless I knew the seller well and he got it in person.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've seen a couple but they didn't look like this one..
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Looks a lot like 1 I got in person about 6 years ago except the silver sharpie I had was skipping and sucked LOL

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Here is the only chuck signature I havfe. I need to get it slabbed, but it did pass a PSA/DNA quick opinion. Your's looks similar, but appears to be slightly off.

Here are a couple certified autos as well which look "nicer"

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Actually looking at yours some more, I definitely feel it is a forgery...

The "B" is missing the lower loop seen on the other examples.

Charles is at a different slant than the other examples.

The "Y" at the end of Barkley is missing the cross over or evidence of an attempt (see the dot on the one certified copy).

I would stay away.
  • Options
    Justin, Thanks I agree the more I look at it. I think I'll keep looking..

That 88 fleer you showed is nice.. I have a friend who is doing the whole 1988 fleer set autographed and certified by PSA/DNA and BGS/JSA i think he has around 100 so far and he still needs that Barkley lol..
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i think it looks pretty good a quick barkley auto, he used to ign like that when he was moving quickly after a game or something like that.
    i have one that i got in person at a golf course i will try to post but it looks similar to this one.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started