Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

psa 8.5

ok heres my newbie question of the Day I have a 72 Kareem addul jabar thats graded 8.5 psa a 9 is listed as $180 an 8 is listed as $50. What would be a fair price if I sell it?? thanks in advance.
COLLECTING SINCE 79, WOW ALOT OF CHANGES

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Got a scan?
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    180 + 50 = $230
    230/2= $115image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I would say $100.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>180 + 50 = $230
    230/2= $115image >>

Fuzzy math??image
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Actually, I've kind of been figuring out the value that way too. Seems to work fairly well. image
  • Options
    Please do not question my math for I am a mathmagician.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    It really depends on the card. Easy to get 8s and 9s your premium I have seen is about 20% for the 8.5. Harder to get 8s and 9s it really starts to get higher. I have bought some 60 HOFer PSA 8.5s below PSA 8 book value.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>It really depends on the card. Easy to get 8s and 9s your premium I have seen is about 20% for the 8.5. Harder to get 8s and 9s it really starts to get higher. I have bought some 60 HOFer PSA 8.5s below PSA 8 book value. >>

+1 (agree with quote)

Many people won't have something less than a 9 in their collection...and wouldnt' be interested in an 8.5.
    You cannot just take the middle. Generally, i would say an 8.5 will sell just a little bit higher than an 8, depending on the spread between an 8 and a 9.

Example a 1955 clemente rookie may sell an 8 for 2K and a 9 for 25K. The 8.5 may only sell for 3-4K, no where near half of what the 9 will sell.

In this particular case I would guess between $65-$85 for your 8.5

JMO
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    I agree with hofautos. Remember that, acccording to PSA, an 8.5 is an 8 that exhibits high-end qualities for its grade. In essence it is just a glorified 8. Splitting the difference between an 8 and 9 to find a selling price is a bit too optimistic.
    Brett