Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

One of my best TTM's - Introducing, The Admiral!

A friend of mine got me started last year using the Meiselman list. I had not gotten my list yet, but he had the basketball list. I asked him for the addresses of Michael Jordan (worth a try, right), Larry Bird (my friend had just had a success), and David Robinson (because I always thought he was a classy guy and great player). I sent these 3 out on 1-25-2007. I never got the Jordan or the Bird back. However, I did get a big surprise in today's mail. After 488 days, here they are!

Shane

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Great success from my favorite player in the 90's - he was excellent and I'm so happy to hear, a class guy.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Looks like he sent you a Bible study as well: a different verse with each sig. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff from one GREAT GUY!!image

I got to see him play in college as I went to a college in Navy's conference...great player! And to serve out his military commitment prior to joining the NBA, class act and class individual all the way around!!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like he sent you a Bible study as well: a different verse with each sig. image >>

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Psalm 1:1-3
    [1] Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
    [2] But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
    [3] And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

I am a Sunday School teacher for our church's young couples class, so it fits nicely!

Shane

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I am a Sunday School teacher for our church's young couples class, so it fits nicely! >>

HA! My fiance and I had to take the class for Catholics a couple months ago. It took 8 hours on a Saturday, but was pretty interesting.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I am a Sunday School teacher for our church's young couples class, so it fits nicely! >>

Did you type those verses out from memory, or did you have to look them up?

I had to look them up. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    I didn't know Proverbs 1:7. I knew the rest.

Shane

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Matthew 6:33

Thou shalt not buy too many 1989 hoops I boxes for they will be worth squat in a 2008
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Nice returns. What address did you get him at? I have had no luck in the past sending to his foundation.
  • Options
    I sent them to his home address, but my got a letter from his foundation returned with these cards.

Shane

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    FYI - getting Larry Bird through the mail usually results in a secretarial (looks like Bird's but not Bird) signature. Save the stamps.