Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Regarding our friends at TriStar, who like to repackage common cards at great profit with the lure..

Regarding our friends at TriStar, who like to repackage common cards at great profit with the lure of pulling a Mantle rookie:

Has anyone created a list to see if the cards that were supposed to be inserted among the commons actually got pulled?

For example, does anyone know if someone got the 1952 pack from the original offering? image

Did someone actually pull the T-206 from the more recent offering?

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I don't know.

BUT, it would NOT be in the company's interest to announce that "the card has been found."
    Nobody would buy the product after such an announcement.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know.

BUT, it would NOT be in the company's interest to announce that "the card has been found."
    Nobody would buy the product after such an announcement.

image >>

I agree...that is what this message board is for.
  • Options
    "Did someone actually pull the T-206 from the more recent offering?"

I pulled a Milton Bradley Best Minors auto.image
  • Options
    i am pretty sure i remember hearing about someone pulling the t206 wagner. my memory sucks though
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    i have bought about 6 boxes of those and have not really came up with anything other than a ken griffey jr. rookie (upperdeck) the rest were trash.. i guess its worth it for my daughter to open.. she thinks every card is nice.. don
  • Options
    What I would like to see is a box full of original unopened packs. I have seen a few like that at Target that have 5 unopened packs from years past/and recent (in baseball and football) for $9.99. That way, no-one has gone through the cards and pulled anything decent.

I have pulled a few nice cards over the past few weeks including a McGwire rookie (not USA card) and a Adrian Peterson rookie Score from last year.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Actually it would be in their interest when someone pulls the Wagner to announce it simply for the
    press it would get. They then could create another series of boxes and put something'
    else of value in.

If I was them I'd put a redeemer card in for it though.

Steve
    Good for you.