Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone going to the Belmont?

VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
I'd love to Paypal you for a few $2 Win tickets on Big Brown. Let me know. Thanks

Mike

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little tip - with those betting machines, they don't scan the text or care about the texture of the paper - all they do is read the "barcode" dots on the ticket and payoff the money on a winning ticket with another voucher. So you could make a photocopy of the ticket, cut it with scissors to fit in the tote machine, the machine will payoff from the copy, and then you'll have your original ticket as a souvenir and the cash.

And no, if you then stick the original ticket back in the tote macine, it will not payoff again. LOL
  • Options
    Wow, that's funny - but if he wins, it's going to pay 1-10 anyway - in other words, $2.20 on a $2 bet.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, that's funny - but if he wins, it's going to pay 1-10 anyway - in other words, $2.20 on a $2 bet. >>

Actually he could pay as low as $2.10 to win, but it will likely be $2.20 - chicken feed in any event...but better than ripping 'em up as the railbirds say.
  • Options
    I ain't been a gamblin' in quite some time and I almost forgot about NY racetrack payoffs - they pay on a dime with breakage, not just on every 20 cents...so he could even pay $2.30 - good information if you're thinking of plunking down 100 thou or so on the race. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>A little tip - with those betting machines, they don't scan the text or care about the texture of the paper - all they do is read the "barcode" dots on the ticket and payoff the money on a winning ticket with another voucher. So you could make a photocopy of the ticket, cut it with scissors to fit in the tote machine, the machine will payoff from the copy, and then you'll have your original ticket as a souvenir and the cash.

And no, if you then stick the original ticket back in the tote macine, it will not payoff again. LOL >>

I was halfway out the door till I read your last sentence...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A little tip - with those betting machines, they don't scan the text or care about the texture of the paper - all they do is read the "barcode" dots on the ticket and payoff the money on a winning ticket with another voucher. So you could make a photocopy of the ticket, cut it with scissors to fit in the tote machine, the machine will payoff from the copy, and then you'll have your original ticket as a souvenir and the cash.

And no, if you then stick the original ticket back in the tote macine, it will not payoff again. LOL >>

I was halfway out the door till I read your last sentence... >>

Brian - If that were true and it could double your money on each tote ticket, you think I'd tell anybody about it? LOL
  • Options
    Bump. Let me know if you're thinking of going.