Home Sports Talk
Options

Let's vote for MLB's biggest underachieving team so far this season.

RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
AL: Cleveland, you're on the clock. (Even more so than Detroit, who at least has a few excuses. The Indians have no excuses.)

NL: Metropolitans, you're on the clock.

Ron
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Tampa...............image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    In the AL........Detroit

In the NL.........New York

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    detroit
    colorado
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    seattle
    NY Mets
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    tigers and mets.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In the AL........Detroit

In the NL.........New York

Steve >>

In the NL.........New York image

From a Mets fan? image
  • Options
    I am with bigfische, with Padres going w/Colorado
  • Options
    Yes, that team called the New York Metropolitans in the League National, Eastern district.
  • Options
    Colorado was sort of a fluke last season - no surprise at all to me that they "bounced" this season.
  • Options
    Its a toss up between Seattle and Detroit.
  • Options
    Start spreading the news
    I'm leaving today
    I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
    These vagabond shoes
    Are longing to stray
    And make a brand new start of it
    New York, New York
    I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
    To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
    These little town blues
    Are melting away
    I'll make a brand new start of it
    In old New York
    If I can make it there
    I'll make it anywhere
    It's up to you, New York, New York.
    I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
    To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
    These little town blues
    Are melting away
    I'll make a brand new start of it
    In old New York
    If I can make it there
    I'll make it anywhere
    It's up to you, New York, New York.

• Options

<< <i>Colorado was sort of a fluke last season - no surprise at all to me that they "bounced" this season. >>

No more of a fluke than your team last year.

imagey
  • Options
    Detroit, Seattle, Cleveland.

Tigers pitching is has been atrocious.. Indians offense has been anemic. The Mariners are schizophrenic.... lol.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Colorado was sort of a fluke last season - no surprise at all to me that they "bounced" this season. >>

No more of a fluke than your team last year. >>

I really should start ignoring posts like this, but how long have you been following baseball? Since just last year? The Phillies have been competitive and finshed second a few times in recent years. While Colorado has been a bottom basement team in recent years - they were a fluke last season, the Phillies weren't - case closed.
  • Options
    There is a defference between a fluke and a team maturing. Colorado has been hit with numerous injuries, that is why they are not doing better again this season. If the Rays stay strong all season that is not a fluke, they have a lot of good young talent that they have stock-piled . The A's can be considered a fluke so far this year, they have less talent than their record indicates. Case closed.

imagey
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Yankees, Mets, Tigers and Brewers.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>There is a defference between a fluke and a team maturing. Colorado has been hit with numerous injuries, that is why they are not doing better again this season. If the Rays stay strong all season that is not a fluke, they have a lot of good young talent that they have stock-piled . The A's can be considered a fluke so far this year, they have less talent than their record indicates. Case closed. >>

From near or in the basement one season to the NL pennant in the next season is considered a fluke by any stretch of the imagination. Injuries, sminjuries...they're losing bigtime this season and that is expected to continue. Colorado barely squeezed into the playoffs last season, and simply got hot at the right time, before they came down to earth and Boston stomped on them.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There is a defference between a fluke and a team maturing. Colorado has been hit with numerous injuries, that is why they are not doing better again this season. If the Rays stay strong all season that is not a fluke, they have a lot of good young talent that they have stock-piled . The A's can be considered a fluke so far this year, they have less talent than their record indicates. Case closed. >>

From near or in the basement one season to the NL pennant in the next season is considered a fluke by any stretch of the imagination. Injuries, sminjuries...they're losing bigtime this season and that is expected to continue. Colorado barely squeezed into the playoffs last season, and simply got hot at the right time, before they came down to earth and Boston stomped on them. >>

So the Phils didnt squeeze into the playoffs last year? When was the last season before then that they made the post season?

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

From near or in the basement one season to the NL pennant in the next season is considered a fluke by any stretch of the imagination. Injuries, sminjuries...they're losing bigtime this season and that is expected to continue. Colorado barely squeezed into the playoffs last season, and simply got hot at the right time, before they came down to earth and Boston stomped on them. >>

So the Phils didnt squeeze into the playoffs last year? When was the last season before then that they made the post season? >>

Yes the Phillies squeezed into the playoffs last year, but the Phillies had finished second a number of times before that, just missing the playoffs a few times, one season by just one game. Let's end this okay - neither one of us really cares about the Rockies anyway.
  • Options
    Sounds good.

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds good. >>

And I initially misjudged the point you were trying to make about the Rockies being an up and coming team - that is a valid point. Often hard to predict how these young players will perform from season to season and we'll just have to wait and see how the Rockies do in the future...but of course right now, this season, I'm gonna focus on kicking some Braves, Mets, and Marlins butt. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AL- Detroit
    NL- Mets
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    A team that wins 20 out of the last 21 games is not a fluke.

geeze louise.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Tigers - last week a foul ball fell between three Tigers players who were going for it, the look on Jim Leyland's face after that botched play said it all.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Paul

image >>

Hi Matt! image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to say it...but it's gotta be the Mets. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Hate to say it...but it's gotta be the Mets. image >>

I just had a heart attack. image