Home Sports Talk
Options

Tayshaun Prince ... From The GREAT City Of ... Compton?!

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
The announcer for the Pistons said that Tayshaun Prince is from the GREAT city of Compton? Uh, I'm not so sure that the City of Compton is ANYWHERE near great given the following from Wikipedia:

Compton is a city located in Southern Los Angeles County, California, USA, south-southeast of downtown Los Angeles. The city was incorporated in 1888. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 93,493. An inner suburb of Los Angeles, Compton lives up to the reputation of most dangerous inner city/inner suburban areas across the United States due to its high level of poverty and very high violent crime rate, especially for murders, found in the city.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiki needs to consult with Dre.

Fo' Shiz.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I didn't hear it, but hopefully a hint of sarcasm was involved.

Cops are pigs........image
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i'll tell you i saw the introduction last night for the first time in a long time and i didn't care for the Detroit way they did it, it was like listing to that ESPN basketball show with the traveling players, the and one tour. i lived in detroit, down town not what they call detroit- its auburn hills- about 45 minutes from downtown and i never heard that before. the guy sounded like a DJ instead of an anonnouncer. maybe i'm getting old.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>i'll tell you i saw the introduction last night for the first time in a long time and i didn't care for the Detroit way they did it, it was like listing to that ESPN basketball show with the traveling players, the and one tour. i lived in detroit, down town not what they call detroit- its auburn hills- about 45 minutes from downtown and i never heard that before. the guy sounded like a DJ instead of an anonnouncer. maybe i'm getting old. >>

They've been doing it like that for quite a while now. It isn't always my cup of tea, but it does get the fans in the stands cheering and it's likely fun for the kids. I suspect you remember when they used to do it with "The Final Countdown" playing? That always seemed kinda fun.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i was there from 96-98 and saw jordan play in grant hills rookie year. it must have changed in 10 + years.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    str8 outta compton, str8 out da trailer!