Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Something old, something new, something borrowed, nothing blue

Well not exactly - I was getting a book out of a box and found something I didn't know I had, something I forgot I had and misplaced something that should not have been in that box!

First - I didn't know I had this Griffey sig - the ball's totally discolored and it's PSA/DNA. Don't remember buying it.

The next item is the official MacFarlane from the 2005 National - Novocent picked it up for me and mailed it - musta temporarily stuck it in the box but never went back to it. It's Nomar - I liked him better in a Boston uni.

And, I remember pulling this card out to share with someone - but musta accidentally put it in this box? I think it's worthy of a bump in today's climate?

It's by far my favorite Stan the Man card!

If you've found something in a drawer, box or in your pocket? This is a good time to show it off!

I wish this Griffey wasn't so yellow - but at least I think it's real?

mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff Stone. That '61 looks like a chance at an 8.5 to me.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Very nice stuff. I wish I forgot about something I purchased and pulled something out like you did. And that Musial card is very very nice card and a favorite of mine. Musial was my late father's favorite player when he was a kid. Enjoy it, and go for a bump on it one day!

Brian
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Is it just me or does the Nomar figurine look like he's sniffing he armpit?

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    BlackborderBlackborder Posts: 2,797

<< <i>Is it just me or does the Nomar figurine look like he's sniffing he armpit?

Chris >>

That's why they issued the choking hazard on the box.
  • Options
    leftofdialleftofdial Posts: 442 ✭✭
    That's a dang nice PSA 8 Musial. Assuming the flecks & whatnot are on the holder, what prevented it from being graded higer? Is there something about the back? Is it because of missing black ink on the lower right border? Or is it a mystery?
  • Options
    These type of threads make me want to hide stuff from myself so i can be pleasantly surprised by what i find someday.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Musial, Mike.

Griffey has a very stylish signature doesn't he? Has it changed much over the years?

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice Musial, Mike.

Griffey has a very stylish signature doesn't he? Has it changed much over the years?

Eyebone >>

Thanx on the card - I got it from Legacy a long time back - don't know how it got in this box tho. The Griff was buried on the bottom. I can't find a receipt or anything. I'm gonna chekc with my son.

On his sig. Ya know? I really don't know. Never noticed his sig that much.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    What a coinkidink.

My father moved this weekend and found an old binder of mine.

For those that don't know, we were family friends with the Foglemans (part owner of the Royals) back in the 80s. I was fortunate to attend several games including the '84 ALCS and '85 WS. I was a HUGE Brett fan and collected anything and everything he ever appeared on. So everytime we would go up to KC, I would bring a handful of cards for him to sign. Brett was a really nice guy and very easy to talk to.

But I digest...

My brother use to steal my cards, in addition to other things. After noticing several autographed cards missing, guess I gave this to pop for safe keeping, probably 15 years ago and haven't seen it since.

So anyways, on with the show:

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Love the Griffey and the Brett cards. I have been buying/selling collectibles the last 20 so years, you guys got me wanting to dig through things.

But I can add the something borrowed to this thread. I borrowed this online a minute ago...

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice find!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started