Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who is/was G. R. Ganter in respect to Civil War Tokens?

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
I have a copy of US Civil War Store Cards 2nd Ed by Fuld. Nearly every page (this books is a sizable 600+ pages) has been modified with additions, corrections, needs, etc. Also there are some added pages with cheet sheets and want lists with his name stamped. Everything was done in pencil. I am assuming he was a relatively advanced collector of the series due to the amount of research he seemed to add to this edtion. I purchased this book about 6-7 years ago in Delaware I believe. Just dug it out today to look up some CWT I purchased today. And reminded myself that I always meant to ask if anyone knew of him.

Comments

• Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    He was a very serious token collector that has since gone to a larger bourse. I believe that Joe Levine of Presidential catalogued and sold his collection over 10 years ago, I think. He lived in the Phila/Delaware area.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭
    These are the PCAC catalogs which have the Ganter holdings:
    #56: 6-25-1994 George Ganter
    #57: 11-19-1994 Ganter II

I believe his CWT's are in #56, though I'd have to check to be sure.
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file