Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does This stuff look real

I love this forum, I read it all the time..I'm not a big card collector but I like getting autographs (mostly IP and TTM) What do you guys think about some of these items, ie the Mantle/Maris ball, it looks a little fishy..I'm not that good at spotting fakes...http://www.xtremecollectibles.com/historical-baseball.html
-Alex

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Not an expert of autographs, but first impression is that the Mantle/Marix autograph is legit.

Welcome to the boards!!
  • Options
    thanks for the feedback..Unless I see signed in front of me or it has a PSA/DNA or JSA sticker on it I almost always stay clear
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

The ball looks fine.

Hard to make money on it at that price.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    next question how do you put your own avatar together, I have a real kick butt one
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    The ball looks pretty good, I wouldn't touch about 80% of the rest of the stuff on there though.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>next question how do you put your own avatar together, I have a real kick ass one >>

First off I would watch the swears, you can get banned for it, just a fair warning.

Second, you have to wait until the 15th of each month and go into the profile area and download your picture, there will be a box that appears that is not there any other time.
  • Options
    thanks for the heads up.. Don't want to be the Lenny Bruce of the forum
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    If I were you I would go edit your post and take the swear word out before they boot you. You might also ask the poster who quoted it to edit his as well to take it out. Just don't want to see you get kicked to the curb right off the bat.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    Mantle/Maris ball is no good
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Their website has a blanket statement about each piece having 2 COAs, and a link to Chris Morales as an authenticator. NO THANKS!

I could pick their site apart, because I see alot of forgeries on there.

EDIT: spell
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    oh well. I don't how to do that.. They aren't fans of the 1st amendment? Mike did you get my PM about the Koufax address?
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have the clemente baseball for free if I had to pay shipping. I also think there's a pretty good thread about chris morales here. If you're off work for the holiday and it rains, you'll have time to read the thread.
  • Options
    fixed it...ya that Christy Mathewson ball looks really fake
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>The ball looks pretty good, I wouldn't touch about 80% of the rest of the stuff on there though. >>

That percent is way too low. Read the Net54 thread, it's one of the best threads I have seen anywhere.
  • Options
    plus if your going to have such great inventory, you would think they would spend some money on a nicer website
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The ball looks pretty good, I wouldn't touch about 80% of the rest of the stuff on there though. >>

That percent is way too low. Read the Net54 thread, it's one of the best threads I have seen anywhere. >>

I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. image

I found it quite interesting that many of the multi-signed items (Mantle/Munson ball comes to mind) don't have a close up of the more desirable sigs on the items. Not a one of the Ted Williams sigs looks legit. I have to admit though, the Mantle/Maris ball, at a quick glance (I was more interested in several of the other items) doesn't look that bad. Many of the Mantle sigs are absolutely terrible however. The 3000 hit club bat was signed with the exact same sharpie for every sig. The Jimmie Foxx ball looks like it was signed last month.
  • Options
    How about this Maris Ball....Looks fake...It looks like Roger is spelled Ragir... I want a Maris ball to go with my Mantle Maris