Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Opinions please: Registry Pictures

So I've been trying out the new registry for a couple of days and I'm really starting to like it. I spent a good part of last night and most of this morning adding pictures to my J.R. Richard "Showcase".
I need some opinions on the pictures. Do you like having the back of the card displayed next to the front, or should I just have the front of the card displayed by itself? I think I could get the front to show up larger if it were by itself.

Puddy's J.R. Richard Collection Link
"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
CDsNuts, 1/9/15

Comments

• Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    I have been playing with it. If you only show the front, it will make the thumbnail pic larger. This does make the set page more attractive. However, I decided to put the front and back next to each other because inthe series I collect, the backs can be very important.

The front and back thumbnail, side by side, still looks good in terms of size, as long as you crop out the PSA slab.

A couple of things I tried and did not like:
    1. I did not like the pics with the full slab showing
    2. I did not like putting up 2 different pics. One of the front and a seperate one for the back. It stretched the scroll page to long, and added to many pages to sort through when I edited a set.

I took a look at your set, the pics look very good. I would reccommend trying out cropping the PSA slab to make the pics look larger. See if you like it better. PSA puts all the grading info on the pic when you click on it, so I felt there was no need to take up the extra space with the slab info.
  • Options
    SinibobCardsSinibobCards Posts: 183 ✭✭
    Dave-

I like the way you have it (front and back). You have great scans and I can read the backs without a problem.

-Mike
    SinibobCards@aol.com

Working on 56T BB and 80T BB
    Looking to trade blocks of BB graded commons for other blocks of BB commons

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/sinibobcards/othersets/3205

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sinibobsystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also like the way you have it, i only put the front on mine, but i may start adding the backs on new scans.i have been putting scans on just about every card.but was limited by size.
    nice to be able to increase size and quality of scans

hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I'm a little torn about the flip. I not sure if I want to crop the flip off of the picture or leave it on.

On one hand I think that it's the 'PSA set registry', so the flip should be shown. On the other hand, I could show a much better view of the card itself if I crop off the flip.

Thoughts?

If anyone wants to check out the picture in the 78 opc slot, and let me know what you think. I cropped down the back, and just a little off of the front. The flip still shows, but the back is much bigger than the front.

Also, I changed the 77 Astros team slot to show a cropped down card without the flip.

Thanks for looking.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Slightly OT, but do you think J.R would have eventually made it into the HOF if his career hadn't been cut short by a stroke?
  • Options
    Boo,

I do think J.R. was a future HOFer had he not had the stroke. I also think there should be a place in the HOF for players such as him.
    Munson, J.R. etc. Check out his stats; he was just hitting his prime when he was injured.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Dave; Looks like everyone so far likes the whole slab on the pics. I see you point about the fact that it being a PSA registry, makes you inclined to put the whole slab up. It did not dawn on me that someone could take a picture of any card they wanted and stick it in the slot.
    By putting the slab on there you are verifying the card is the one that belongs there.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you did a great job, the backs of cards are great to see as well as the front. image
  • Options
    thanks Perk.
    I've been working on the cropping. I decided to keep the "flip", but I'm going to crop down a little tighter on the card. ie. the 78 opc.

How about that 81 Kellogg's? Sharp! I think that's my favorite J.R. card.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    8irvin88irvin8 Posts: 173
    David,

Very Nice Job on the photos. I never would have thought to put the backs in the photo.

Lenny

• Options
    I am not sure if you noticed or not, but you can put up more than 1 picture of each card. You can not do it directly from the set, you must click on the card number, and go into edit card mode. By putting seperate pictures of the front and back, the thumbnails will appear larger.

The only drawback to having more than one picture of each card, is they are stacked vertically, making the set page much longer, and the set edit page will end up with several more pages to search through.
  • Options
    I did see that you can add more then one picture, and I like that the thumbnail photo would be bigger, but the fact that the page is SO much longer is a big negitive for me to add separate pics of the front and back.

I'm going to try a couple of different things when I add my Ted Simmons Master Set Pics.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Slightly OT, but can you copy and paste registry photos now? I can't seem to figure out how since the change.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Slightly OT, but can you copy and paste registry photos now? I can't seem to figure out how since the change. >>

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Yep, you still can. I used one of your scans as an example. Just check out what the link needs to read like to make sure you are getting the web address from the right place.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.