Home PSA Set Registry Forum

New Set Registry Can't get anything done????

Good Morning,
Am I stupid or just inept, I don't know but I can't get anything added to my sets. I have cards I just recieved that I am trying to add to two of my sets, I follow all of the directions and the first it shows the cards in my inventory but never adds to my set. The second I am trying to add six higher grade cards, and it tellls me I already have higher graded cards than I am trying to add. I douple check and in my set are lower grades.
????Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Neil, after you submit the cert #'s in the box it will show a highlighted link of the card and grade- you need to hit the "Commit" button.

Good Luck!
  • thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Problem is I never get a Commit button, Never seen it. The first lot of 4 cards that I tried to add come up as not matching any of my sets, the second group of 6 cards come up as Inventory unassigned Matching My Sets which I sort of understand, But I still never see this Commit Button. I am sure it is just my computor illiteracy, but you can color me totall confused and unimpressed so far.
    Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Try clicking "View Item" all the way to the right of the individual card listings in your inventory. At the bottom of that cards individual page it will show you all the sets they are eligible to be placed in...Click start set or add itemto existing set. Then Commit twice and you're done. And even THAT is the hard way.

If you are adding inventory via the "Add Inventory" link, just check the box at the bottom where it says "Add these items to all of your existing sets which they match or replace items if the rating of the new item is higher. (Go to Add New Set to create sets from matching composites.)"

If you are using the Quick Add, make sure you have the particular set page open that you want the card added to and it will go right into the slot. You'll always need to click commit twice.

Hope this helps..It gets VERY easy once you get it all figured out.
    Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
    Good Day,
    OK I am not sure exactly how I did it but finally came to a screen that allowed me to replace the upgraded items and then Commit. So that part is done. But the second lot of 4 I am trying to add to my other set still say that the 4 cards don't match any of my sets. Could the Cert numbers be linked to the wrong set. I had to return these 4 to PSA because they were mechanical errors that listed them as the wrong set. Is this the problem?
    Thanks
    Neil

<< <i>Good Day,
    OK I am not sure exactly how I did it but finally came to a screen that allowed me to replace the upgraded items and then Commit. So that part is done. But the second lot of 4 I am trying to add to my other set still say that the 4 cards don't match any of my sets. Could the Cert numbers be linked to the wrong set. I had to return these 4 to PSA because they were mechanical errors that listed them as the wrong set. Is this the problem?
    Thanks
    Neil >>

Go to the set you want to add the card to and PSA has set up a link to report cert#s that SHOULD match, but don;t. I had 2 of those myself, which I reported a couple of days ago.

The link looks like this: "Report a cert that should match this composite" and it is one line above where your individual cards are listed. Make sure you are in the "Edit" version of your registry, not the public/published set that everyone can see. The one where you can see your price paid, cost, cert#, etc.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Problem is I never get a Commit button, Never seen it. The first lot of 4 cards that I tried to add come up as not matching any of my sets, the second group of 6 cards come up as Inventory unassigned Matching My Sets which I sort of understand, But I still never see this Commit Button. I am sure it is just my computor illiteracy, but you can color me totall confused and unimpressed so far.
    Thanks
    Neil >>

Same here, it does not show up for me. I end up going into some other area and it shows up, I still have not figured where to find it.
  • tmmoosetmmoose Posts: 253 ✭✭
    I had to add "*.psacard.com" to my list of 'Trusted Sites' in internet explorer (under Tools > Internet Options, then Security Tab, click trusted sites and then click sites and add it on the page that comes up).

For me at least, the types of things that it wanted to do weren't in the list of things allowed for normal pages ... but adding it to the list of pages which have lower security settings seemed to do the job ...

After that, the commit / rollback buttons started to appear right at the top of the page after I've made any changes to my sets.

(Alternatively, maybe you could try relaxing your internet security settings and see if that makes any difference, although obviously not a great long term solution!)
    Or you could use a much better and more secure browser such as Mozilla Firefox...

I ditched IE a couple of years ago...Firefox is excellent.

Jason
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Problem is I never get a Commit button, Never seen it. The first lot of 4 cards that I tried to add come up as not matching any of my sets, the second group of 6 cards come up as Inventory unassigned Matching My Sets which I sort of understand, But I still never see this Commit Button. I am sure it is just my computor illiteracy, but you can color me totall confused and unimpressed so far.
    Thanks
    Neil >>

Same here, it does not show up for me. I end up going into some other area and it shows up, I still have not figured where to find it. >>

Hi Guys,

Same problem for me. What once took me 5 minutes just took me 1/2 hour and I'm still not finished. In any case, I did find the commit button. Once you perform the add inventory step, go to the "My Sets" link. A list of all your sets should appear. As Jason mentions, the very last (right) column for each set has a "view item" link. Click on that and then you will see a "commit or restore" button near the top middle. Click on that, then click on "commit". This should do it.

I'd like to include a comment to each item I added, based on what I can tell this will take me hours. And, believe it or not, I often downgrade cards in my sets to lower grades and trade/sell the higher grade. In the past, this was a piece of cake. Not sure it's even possible now (I think I may have to delete the higher graded item and then add the lower graded item).

I'm feeling rather frustrated myself Neil. I'm going to initially chalk it up to "give it a chance" before I whine too much image.

Good luck!

-Tom
  • sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭

<< <i>Good Morning,
    Am I stupid or just inept, I don't know but I can't get anything added to my sets. I have cards I just recieved that I am trying to add to two of my sets, I follow all of the directions and the first it shows the cards in my inventory but never adds to my set. The second I am trying to add six higher grade cards, and it tellls me I already have higher graded cards than I am trying to add. I douple check and in my set are lower grades.
    ????Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Neil >>

I had the same problem with it saying that a higher grade card already existed. It is a glitch in the system. I emailed that to BJ, and she said they will work on that problem on Tuesday. You can fix the problem in the meantime by going into your set, and editing. When you scroll down to the card in question, you will see a replacement card available. Click it, and pick the higher card. Then you hit the commit button and you should be good to go. The lower grade card will still be in your inventory and possible in the unassigned list.

<< <i>

Hi Guys,

Same problem for me. What once took me 5 minutes just took me 1/2 hour and I'm still not finished. In any case, I did find the commit button. Once you perform the add inventory step, go to the "My Sets" link. A list of all your sets should appear. As Jason mentions, the very last (right) column for each set has a "view item" link. Click on that and then you will see a "commit or restore" button near the top middle. Click on that, then click on "commit". This should do it.

I'd like to include a comment to each item I added, based on what I can tell this will take me hours. And, believe it or not, I often downgrade cards in my sets to lower grades and trade/sell the higher grade. In the past, this was a piece of cake. Not sure it's even possible now (I think I may have to delete the higher graded item and then add the lower graded item).

I'm feeling rather frustrated myself Neil. I'm going to initially chalk it up to "give it a chance" before I whine too much image.

Good luck!

-Tom >>

If you want to add comments, the fastest way is to do an "Edit All" which can be found on the main "My Inventory" page. This will allow you to edit/add comments or prices to all items at once, rather than going to "view Item" and then editing each individual card.

I added all the price paid to my 500+ card inventory this way the other day and it took me about 20 minutes.

Jason
    Good Day,
    Just want to say thanks all.
    Neil
  • OK - to the point - the add items process is confusing and has too many pages an clicks and wastes time.

CU - please revise this lousy system.

Suggestion - enter card ID number and then select the set(s) from a multiple select drop down menu that is linked to my sets on the same page.

Or start with a filter that selects the set, then and the item number...oh yeah, that's how we did it before...but let's get rid of the ten item limit.
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks