Home Sports Talk

The Celtics lost at home! Are they finished?

Based upon their lack of basketball prowess on the road this postseason, it doesn't look good.
On the other side of the coin, maybe the pressure of having to win a game on the road will
push them to take it to the next level. Any other opinions?

Comments

• dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Based upon their lack of basketball prowess on the road this postseason, it doesn't look good.
    On the other side of the coin, maybe the pressure of having to win a game on the road will
    push them to take it to the next level. Any other opinions? >>

They hadn't lost a game at home until yesterday. I guess it's possible they may win one on the road, but I hope not image
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the series goes 7!
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I think if Doc continues to let them make mental errors and he keeps Perkins and Powe out of the games they definitely lose - and maybe in 5. Those guys should have been playing the the 4th qtr yesterday. That game was 2 Pistons offensive rebounds from going the other way - they had 5 in the 4th Quarter at key times.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the series goes 7! >>

Agreed. I think it could be Celts in 6 as well. They know how to win on the road -- they were 31-10 away from the Gahden. Now that they HAVE to win on the road, maybe they will finally get their act together and block out the crowds. If Ray Allen can keep shooting well, they can win both in Detoit. If Rasheed implodes, they win 3 in a row.
  • Dont like there chances, have looked real bad on road throughout playoffs and Detroit is best they have seen. If they do it I think it will take 7.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    defense was excellent tonight. Detroit needs to fix their offense soon if they don't want a quiet home crowd again!
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Now that they HAVE to win on the road, maybe they will finally get their act together and block out the crowds. >>

Heh heh!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guess the answer is nope. image
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Well they came back and silenced the critics pretty quickly.
  • Amazing. Game 3 Celts win. But they didn't just win, they won big. 14 points is not alot, but the way they
    won was impressive. Great defense, lots of bench points, high shooting percentage. Three things
    totally lacking on the road this post season. And I think 2 or 3 bench guys had more points than Paul Pierce!
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>defense was excellent tonight. Detroit needs to fix their offense soon if they don't want a quiet home crowd again! >>

Offense now mended, Celtics now broken image