Home Sports Talk

Parcells fed up with Jason Taylor

He is finished with the Dolphins and will be moving to another undermined team.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure who I think is in the right with this story. From what I gather or read is Parcells is unhappy with Taylor's off season pursuing his dancing with the stars act? If it is not mentioned in his contract to stay away from this activity then Parcells should pound sand right?

Its not like he is out tearing up strip clubs!
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Tuna just wishes he had a hot chick to dance with. Have fun blaming the players when you go 1-15 Coach.

js
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You see every good coach who takes over a losing team come in and do something like this. If it wasn't criticizing "Dancing with the Stars" it would be something about the way some player combs their hair. Standard operating procedure here, and a 1 - 15 team more than deserves it.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Coming off a 1-15 season, Taylor should be more concerned about helping his team improve rather than mingle with Hollywood stars.

Shows where his priorities are.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Coming off a 1-15 season, Taylor should be more concerned about helping his team improve rather than mingle with Hollywood stars.

Shows where his priorities are. >>

I think this is the main problem Parcells has with Taylor, whether the silly dancing thing really has any negative effect on his
    preparing for football is debatable but it is symbolic to Bill of someone not giving 100% attention to football and that rubs him the
    wrong way.

<< <i>

<< <i>Coming off a 1-15 season, Taylor should be more concerned about helping his team improve rather than mingle with Hollywood stars.

Shows where his priorities are. >>

I think this is the main problem Parcells has with Taylor, whether the silly dancing thing really has any negative effect on his
    preparing for football is debatable but it is symbolic to Bill of someone not giving 100% attention to football and that rubs him the
    wrong way. >>

Very well said.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Taylor is the reining NFL "Man of the Year". He's very well respected across the league.
    He always comes to camp ready for the season ahead, and he always plays hard. I have no doubt that he will be ready for the season.
    He is not, and should not be treated like Parcells last whipping boy, TO. Parcells is a control freak that should pay a little more attention to his quarterback position, and stop worrying about what Taylor does in the off season.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    Don't worry the Fins are loaded at QB, plus Tuna knows how to win with any QB..look at Bledsoe!

"This is going to be sick"

NOT

js
    Parcells is very much "old school" in his approach and attitude, what we have here is a generation gap situation.
    no what we have here is that the Tuna can't coach anymore. Some coaches need to admit it and move on.

js

ps...add Gibbs to that list also
    Tom Coughlin fining and lambasting Michael Strahan a few years ago for being a little late for a meeting - that didn't work either did it?
    I think Parcells is doing an excellent job in Miami so far. He would have probably succeeded in Dallas, but he constantly had the dope owner Jerry Jones looking over his shoulder. Parcells knows exactly what he is doing here.

<< <i>no what we have here is that the Tuna can't coach anymore. Some coaches need to admit it and move on.

js

ps...add Gibbs to that list also >>

and Gruden.

Scratch that, my bad, he never could coach.

The only thing he accomplished in a weak division is gravy train Tony Dungy, ala Barry Switzer with Jimmy Johnson, to a ring.

And before you even try to say a word about Kubiak, he already has more rings than your bandwagon team will see in it's existence.
    Dungy only had the greatest defenses of all time and couldn't even make it to the super bowl yet win one with the Bucs. He has had
    the greatest offense in the league and could only win 1 SB. Maybe he isn't that great huh? Bucs have won one of the toughest
    divisions in football every other year....Dungy has been long gone so that argument won't float.

js

ps..the Texans still suck
  • Parcells is the biggest D**k I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to see coach and I have been watching for a long time. I even went through BARRY SWITZER. The day he left Dallas was one of the happiest days of my life. He takes credit for everything good and blames everyone else for the bad. He is egocentric, mean spirited and a bit of a racist. He always has his little group of lackey press following him around laughing at his every little utterance. It made me want to scream. His dinosaur style of football is BORING and on top of that it really isn't all that effective. I know I sound bitter but I've seen it first hand. Don't get your hopes up to high Miami fans. You may improve a little bit, but it's not worth the rest of the crap that goes with it.
    Superdave
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them-Adlai Stevenson
  • ps.. the bucs still suck.
  • KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Why is everyone acting like he's coaching Miami ?
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Taylor will end up with the Chargers so he can be closer to the hot dancers.
    "Why is everyone acting like he's coaching Miami ?"

Technically he is not of course but he is calling the shots.

How would you like to be the Dolphins coach with Bill looking over your shoulder all the time? talk about intimidating...
    This upcoming season for the Fins is going to be interesting.
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    If I'm Jason Taylor, I'd want out of Miami and a fresh new start. I cannot blame him for his actions...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik