Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MPL Booklet - A MUST HAVE for the MPL Collector

WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
Its been mentioned before, but here is a copy on the bay. I THINK this guy is selling NEW reprints. This info is also the core of the ANA reprint called the Counterfeit Detection Guide. Either booklet is good to have and come up frequently on Amazon, Albris, etc. I encourage every MPL collector to get a copy.

WS

Text MPL Booklet

Here is the ANA reprint booklet

Text ANA reprint booklet
Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Comments

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its a good booklet and contains all the diagnostics.

Ive got serious issues with that guy charging $4.60 to send out a tiny little pamphlet.

AND for Gods sake dont get caught up in a bidding war on this booklet, its always available.

If anyone's desperate for some of the diagnostics or info on any given year...PM me and Ill scan the page and send to you.
  • Options
    What is the value of the booklet?
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if it is still directly available from the ANA.

"price" and "value" are two different things, there are many clear black and white photos which show all the diagnostics and die stages. If you are considering buying raw matte proofs, either candidates or from a dealer, these images can have great value.

The shipping bugs me.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, shop around. You can find them on the used book searches, often cheap. But for what is in those books, I would not hesitate to pay $15.

JMHO.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.