Home Sports Talk
Options

Time for baseball to have instant replay?

Another really bad call last night in the Yankees game robbed them of a home run, there have been a couple of other bad calls in
just the past few days.

I know that baseball is a tradition bound sport but this is really ridiculous, it is time for them to step into the 21st century already.

One big argument is that it would "slow down" the game (like it isn't a slow moving game already? please). The time spent arguing
about the call last night lasted several minutes anyway while a quick replay showed it was clearly a home run.

Comments

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    I think for home runs they should have it. It's such a long game anyway so what's the big deal if the umps go run over to the cameras for two minutes to make sure they got it right. There should be no red flag system or anything like that. It's just umps discretion if there is truly any question in their mind. Home runs are usually exremely important in deciding the outcome of a game so why not give them a look if there is a doubt? Do we really want this to happen in a World Series game, and THEN fix the system?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    after enough blown home run calls, I think the umpires may ask for instant replay. They don't want to look bad and they certainly look really bad when they blow "easy" calls.