Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A V2 issue

After playing around with the new V2 tonight, I found that my HOF RC set listed that I needed 7 cards. I am down to 6 so I did a little investigating. I noticed that my Namath RC wasn't listed. I went to add the cert # and got this message....

40375082 is a bad Cert Number

What the heck does this mean? Here is the card..

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Dave, I had a bunch of cards missing from various sets as well...I think I've found them all at this point...

A couple of my other cards changed names..For example, the database now recognizes say a 1976 Topps Walter Payton as a 1976 Topps Randy Gradishar..

E-mail any issues you have to the Registy folks..They were VERY quick to fix problems during the beta test.

I never got the bad cert message though...I think that means your card is a fake!image

Just kidding...I hope...lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    This is what came up when I did a cert verification:

The selected PSA Certification Number 40375082, was not found in the PSA Certification Database. If you believe this to be incorrect, please check the number and try again.
  • Options
    Dave,

I had a similar problem with a 52 Bowman Marchetti that I purchased in December. I was told that the cert # had not servived some previous "changeover" in technology and I had to physically ship the card to PSA to have it "verified".....hope you don't have the same problem.

Jasen
  • Options
    BobbyVCPBobbyVCP Posts: 755
    Dave,

Just wanted to say awesome image at the bottom of your posts...
  • Options

<< <i>Dave,

I had a similar problem with a 52 Bowman Marchetti that I purchased in December. I was told that the cert # had not servived some previous "changeover" in technology and I had to physically ship the card to PSA to have it "verified".....hope you don't have the same problem.

Jasen >>

ship? before they have asked me to send them front and back scan/pic and they add the card to the system
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dave,

Jasen >>

LOL....No way I'm sending it to them just so they can "verify" it. Guess I'll have to shoot an email and see what they say.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    When I called them about it they asked me to do the whole "email scans of front & back" deal but that did not satisfy them. I had to fill out a submission form and ship the physical card before they would enter the cert # into the system. I was told they had to verify that it was really a card that was graded by PSA and somehow was not entered into the system. Like I said before, I hope this isn't what happens in your case, but that was my experience with the Marchetti that I had (and subsequently sold to Bill).

Jasen