Home Sports Talk

Did anyone catch the Man U vs Chelsea game

What a game! I know most people here don't watch soccer but that was an awesome game.

Ronaldo is being heralded as the next great European soccer player and he did not disappoint - he led the Manchester United to a win over Chelsea (BTW, that's like the RedSox beating the Yankees in the World Series)

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi

Comments

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Got it DVR'd. I hate both teams, but hope Chelsea won just because I don't want to see a Man U double and because I kinda like to see the dour Israeli gain some vindication. Gotta be hard to fill The Special One's shoes.

I'm typing in a very tiny IE window, by the way, so as not to spoil the result.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I watched the whole thing - it was appointment TV for me. I'm not a huge soccer guy but I'm a big sports event guy. It wasn't to be missed. I couldn't believe Terry - the captain - missed that penalty kick for Chelsea. I felt terrible for him. That was the European equivalent of Scott Norwood. I was rooting for Chelsea - kind of bummed me out.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    A definite event, and unbelievable emotion. Ya just felt sick for John Terry.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Terry lost his footing on his plant foot or he would have nailed the spot kick. Too many turnovers and errant passes.
    Maybe the weather had something to do with it. If Terry didn't lose his footing, then Ronaldo would have been the only one to miss
    the spot kick. Great, great player, but no Johann Cruyff, or Beckenbauer.
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    I saw the hightlights on ESPN this morning, don't really know much about the game (typical American of course) but it
    got me to thinking aren't they risking long term brain injury or a concussion hitting the ball with their bare head?