Home Sports Talk

Matt Ryan gets 6 year $72 million deal with the Falcons

Arthur Blank didn't waste a lot of time after the draft to get a deal done with the #3 pick. 6 year $72 million with $34.75 million guaranteed.

The pressure is going to be on Ryan big time.

Comments

• drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    another bonehead move by Blank and the Falcons
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Rookie salaries are way beyond ridiculous at this point...The NFL really needs to look into fixing this somehow...
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rookie salaries are way beyond ridiculous at this point...The NFL really needs to look into fixing this somehow... >>

Just one of the many reasons why NFL Owners voided the last year of the current CBA.

Edited to add: If '10 becomes an uncapped year, expect the Cowgirls to have a 200MM+ payroll.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Arthur Blank didn't waste a lot of time after the draft to get a deal done with the #3 pick. 6 year $72 million with $34.75 million guaranteed.

The pressure is going to be on Ryan big time. >>

Just unbelievable - I guess the NFL owners must figure the NFL fans have an insatiable appetite for NFL football, and will keep paying higher & higher prices for the product....I guess they're right.
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>

<< <i>Arthur Blank didn't waste a lot of time after the draft to get a deal done with the #3 pick. 6 year $72 million with $34.75 million guaranteed.

The pressure is going to be on Ryan big time. >>

Just unbelievable - I guess the NFL owners must figure the NFL fans have an insatiable appetite for NFL football, and will keep paying higher & higher prices for the product....I guess they're right. >>

This appears to have been timed so Blank can make a big impression at the NFL owners meeting.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    The few owners make $100 of millions, I see no problem with the players, who the fans come to see and who endanger themselves getting a fair share. Granted, it is a very large pie.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.