Home Metal Detecting

This is a strange planet

In cold country where the ground freezes in winter frost will push rocks to the surface over time yet items such as coins dropped on the ground get sucked into the soil and go deeper. Any explanation for that? Hmmm?
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In cold country where the ground freezes in winter frost will push rocks to the surface over time yet items such as coins dropped on the ground get sucked into the soil and go deeper. Any explanation for that? Hmmm? >>

Hmmm.... the coins would be too easy to find if they were just laying on top of the ground. This way it makes it more challenging. image
  • DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    Once the rocks get to the surface they try to escape!

• Since they say "Money is the root of all evil"...I figure it's just trying to get to hell...
  • China is trying to get the money we owe them for all the fine products they supply to us. They have a giant metal detector and are digging the coins from the other side of the planet!!
  • hey la...how are things up in maine...i thiugh there was'nt much of a frost this year up there? at least not in central, southern maine...hope you find lots o goodies this summer...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • In physics, larger particles rise to the surface, while smaller particles fall to the bottom.

Ever see those avalanche suits for skiers? In the event of an avalanche, they blow up and make the skier "bigger" so that he can ride the avalanche out at the top instead of being sucked down to the bottom. It's the same principle.
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>In physics, larger particles rise to the surface, while smaller particles fall to the bottom.

Ever see those avalanche suits for skiers? In the event of an avalanche, they blow up and make the skier "bigger" so that he can ride the avalanche out at the top instead of being sucked down to the bottom. It's the same principle. >>

Technical and scientific answers do not count.image

Dubba, we had plenty of frost early but I think the heavy snow blanket thawed it out early.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".