Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New MPL Set Registered!

Welcome "natzmatz" with a set rating of 68.0!!! What a great start!

Can't wait to see your set. Welcome to the Registry, fellow collector!

Duane Blake
Blake Acre Collection

Comments

• Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Welcome natzmatz!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Welcome brother, we need pics. image
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    Curly is right. Pics really add life to the forum. Let us know if we be of any help. You'll find this is a group that really supports it's members.

Take care,
    Duane
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, not again!!image

Welcome. Do you have any images of the coins in your new set? Would love to see 'em.image
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Lets hear the details.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    "NatzMatz" phonetically sounds like "Not Mattes." I'm surprised the set name is "Natz Rogz".

I wish our new collector friend would speak up and share. C'mon, friend; what cha doing? Are you upset with your new group?

I'll show you my pictures if you show me yours image
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Nat's Matte's to me.

In any event, WELCOME
    Doug
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I love to see new collectors post their MPL sets to the Registry. I understand when they choose to "hide" the details because of the competition, but I don't like it. I would welcome the "new" collector, BUT right now, I will wait and see how this evolves. MPL collectors should be proud to display their collection IMHO. Steveimage
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    welcomeness to a fellow matty peep
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (lets not use the R word)

*Welcome*, looks like Nat has a couple of nice red coins.....acorns of quality from which mighty Oaks shall one day grow.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Note neebeegee's 2 SHOWN coins yield only 7.16 while natzmatz's 1 HIDDEN coin yields 14.32. It appears to me that the one coin in natzmatz's set is the 1909VDB. What do you think? Steveimage
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that or a 67 1916?
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club - hope you find it as enjoyable as the rest of us -

I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! and remember, if you try anything weird, the MPL Posse will come and get ya!

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "...It appears to me that the one coin in natzmatz's set is the 1909VDB. What do you think? Steve"

"that or a 67 1916?"

Has to be either an '09-VDB or '16 in 5RD or one of the others in 6RD (given that the set is 100% RED any possibility of a RB or BN coin is excluded). Right?

Issue: RD Bonus (math in () for the numerically challenged)
    1909V: 3 (65+3=68)
    1909: 2 (66+2=68)
    1910: 2 (66+2=68)
    1911: 2 (66+2=68)
    1912: 2 (66+2=68)
    1913: 2 (66+2=68)
    1914: 2 (66+2=68)
    1915: 2 (66+2=68)
    1916: 3 (65+3=68)

• Options
    Okay, I'm impressed. Tex, thanks for calculating that. You must have been a math concentrator in school, because you’re a natural with numbers! It would have taken me forever to do all that, because I AM numerically challenged! (Except for when it comes to paying for these darn things!!). And when you lay out the possibilities like that numerically, it may actually be a run-of-the-mill coin, among our high level collectors, and within our standards. We just all jump to conclusions when we see a ‘68’ rating. Out of shear curiosity, in your calculations, can a '68' rating be achieved with a solo or combination of RB or BN coin(s)? Or what about a RD coin and other RB/BN combinations? So I guess what I’m asking is that, based on your expertise and experience, do you think that our newest collector friend natzmatz is actually limited to a Red coin, or coins? Of course, only the collector knows for sure, but all the experts like yourself are speculating and have opinions.

Our new member natzmatz clearly has the MPL group intrigued, because it’s not every day that a new collector chooses to go to the ultimate nationally recognized public coin forum, and keep what might be an awesome coin in a lock down. Most people go the other way, and want to share their prizes (actually, as you did, Tex – wanting only to share). But, natzmatz is entitled to privacy, in this forum. I think we all agree on that.

Sincerely
    Duane Blake

(Blake Acre Collection)
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Duane,

I think any solo 67RB coin would yield a weighted GPA of 68 (as the bonus for all is 1). As for combinations of multiple coins yielding a 68 I would imagine there are numerous permutations.

The set you are referring to (11.11% complete means just one coin - i.e. 1 out of 9 or 1/9 complete) says it is 100% RED so the only exact 9 possible coins/grades that would yield a 68 weighted GPA are what I previously listed.

Furthermore, and correct me if I'm wrong, but since natzmatz's rating is exactly double neebeegee's but yet has the same GPA wouldn't natzmatz's coin necessarily need to be a '16 in 65RD (i.e. a weight of 4 compared to the 2 nbg coins which each have a weight of 1)?

Have I earned an affiliate position in the MPL posse now (perhaps as the forensic accountant?) or should I now be accused of "voilating natzmatz's privacy"? image (sorry Duane, I know you HATE these little icons)