Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Brett Favre Ticket Collection Registry Set (updated now over 99.66% complete for PSA)

Well last week I posted the results of my recent submission of Brett Favre ticket stubs. There was some interest so with the start of the NFL season 16 weeks away, that Favre Played 16 seasons in Green Bay, and with his streak about to end due to retirement...I figured that I would post scans of my tickets one season per week from 1992 to 2007.

If anyone has any tickets/stubs that I am missing I would be more than interested in working out a deal, but thats not the main reason for this post. I would love to hear comments from others if they attended certain games and what they remember of the game. I will try to include some of mine as well as relevant stats about the game. I know some are going to talk about a man crush...well there might be one. But on the other hand many people liked Favre for the energy that he brought to each game. Though he may have had his faults (ints) there is no doubt that he played the game they way that many of us would if we were only given the chance. I am sure that I will hear from his detractors as well...please feel free.

I would also love to have a discussion about the ticket grading standards that are used. I think there will be plenty to debate when more scans are added.
Packers Fan for Life
Collecting:
Brett Favre Master Set
Favre Ticket Stubs
Favre TD Reciever Autos
Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
Football HOF Rc's

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing those scans!

I have a lot of cool memories of various Favre games. Some that come to mind are:

Early career game at The Vet against the Eagles where he threw a ton of INTs and a crucial one late in the game that destroyed the Packers chances in that game.

Unfortunately, his last game where his last pass was picked off.

Now, for the positives. Primarily, that Monday night game against Oakland really sticks out, of course.

Some of those mid-90s Packers teams that were absolutely unbeatable at Lambeau with Favre leading the way.

The Monday night game against the Bears in '94 (?) during the rain on Halloween. The Packers crushing the Bears that night.

His 'renaissance' year of 2007, especially that Monday night game against Denver where he threw the TD in OT...

Mark
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i> But on the other hand many people liked Favre for the energy that he brought to each game. Though he may have had his faults (ints) there is no doubt that he played the game they way that many of us would if we were only given the chance.

>>

Well said, that is exactly how I think of Brett Favre...He was a gunslinger, and with that you have to take the good with the bad...Elway was one as well, and if you look at all time wins by QB, its not hard to see that it can work out for the best most of the time...If I were making a top 10 all-time QB list, Favre would come in around 6th or 7th. That most certainly isn't meant as a slight, 6th or 7th out of every QB who ever played the game is greatness. The QB I would be debating over that 6-7 slot vs. Favre would actually be John Elway. Neither was the most efficient QB (ala Peyton Manning), but each had that leadership quality I'd want to have if I were an NFL QB. Thier teammates typically shared the "ride or die" attitude in backing them. Win, lose or draw Favre and Elway were the leaders of those teams on the field...

I think over the last 25 years or so, we, as fans, have really been spoiled by the great QBs we've been able to watch...Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre...4 of the all-time greats all playing in the same era...Right now, IMO, we have only 2 "GREAT" QB's left in the game..Peyton Manning and Tom Brady...There's really no one else in that all-time great class playing right now...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    All right here it goes...this is a stub from the Cincy game in which Favre saw his first significant playing time. It also was his last game as a backup. He came in for an injured Majik Man. He threw his first TD pass to Sterling Sharpe. Later with the score 23-17 favoring the Begnals with 1:07 left Favre got the ball. On the second pass he hit Sharpe for 42 yds, but Sharpe ended up with a slight injury. Two plays later with about 20 secs on the clock, Favre hit Kitrick Taylor (his only career TD catch) on a bullet throw down the sidelines. As a prelude to the TD celebration from his first TD in SB XXXI, Favre ripped off his helment and went to mid-field...the only thing was he forgot he had to hold for the point after attempt. He got his bearings but could barely hold on to the hold, which was needed to get the lead. He did and from then the streak was on.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I think there are some still photos out there somewhere that show Favre letting go of the football for this PAT, because he didn't want to get his hands kicked. Its funny to hear Favre talk about it, because that ball stood straight on end without anyone holding it.
  • Options
    Here is the start of the streak through the end of the 1992 season.

vs. Steelers

at Atlanta

at Clevand

I am missing this one...if anyone has one please let me know!!

vs. Bears

at Detriot

at NY Giants

vs Eagles

This was my first game watching Favre in person. Back then the Packers played 5 home games in Green Bay and 3 in Milwaukee. My dad and I had season tickets for the Milwaukee games and continue to have that package now up in Green Bay (however we lost 1 game). This was a hard fought game with Brett leading another comback in his young career. Early in the game Reggie White separated Favre's shoulder (left one). White had said numerous times that Favre's ability to keep playing after that hit (which he knew from the sound did some harm) was one of the reasons that he came to the Packers. Unfortunately this isnt my personal ticket. I wasnt bright enough to keep them for quite awhile...though you will see two personal ones later in 1994.

at Chicago

Favre beats the hated Bears led by Ditka...this time he cant put an * in the Bears records as to the win by the Packers. This was the start of quite a run against the Packers most hated rivials at the time.

vs Bucs

Another Milwaukee game and win...Favre has the Pack on a 3 game winning streak.

vs Lions

Two Milwaukee games in a row...I missed this game but my dad went with a neighbor. Favre's first snow game. There is a funny highlight of a Favre to Sharpe TD where Sharpe didnt know where the endzone was with the snow on the field. He was way past the defense and thought he was in. Then realized he had another 5 yds to go.

at Houston

Favre extends the win steak to 5 games...he has the Pack looking at the playoffs after an 2-5 start (2 of those losses were with Majik).

vs LA Rams

After nearly two months the Pack plays a game in Green Bay. Another win has them at 9-6 needing a win in Minnesota to make the playoffs for the first time since the strike shortened 1982 season.

at Minnesota

Well the dream season comes to an end. In a place that will become a house of horrors for the Packers and Favre he throws 3 INTs ending the win streak and the shot at the Playoffs. But for a team that wasnt picked to close to .500 to be on the doorstep of the playoffs at 9-7 was great for all us fans. But not only that we saw a team that was building and a young QB on the rise. 4 months earlier who would have thought that Packers would be able to land Reggie White in the following off-season as a Free Agent...but that was about to happen.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Great tickets and stories to go along with them! A few observations:

1-I remember that Sharpe TD snow game. That was a pretty funny highlight...
    2-Boy, tickets used to be A LOT cheaper!
    3-I remember how surprised I was to see the Packers land Reggie White being that they weren't very good for so many years.

Keep 'em coming!

Mark
  • Options
    i was thinking the same thing about the ticket prices. just wait and watch them go up. in 92 tickets were pretty uniform in prices. ie a game in milwaukee was the same price as a game in NY. Not sure where the seats were in NY, but the milwaukee game was a upper deck behind home plate type of seat (at that time the north endzone was on the third base side...we were in section 8 of lower grandstand which was basicly the corner of the endzone. the green bay game was probably about the 35 yardline. later i have a playoff ticket that was exactly at mid-field...i was on one side of the 50 and my friend sitting next to me was on the other side of the 50, last row.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Great tickets!

These bring back memories as I have been a Packer's fan all my life!

Todd
  • Options
    Well we are on to 1993...following 1992 there was a lot of excitement in the air for packers fans. they landed reggie white in free agency and everyone was talking playoffs...could that happen...its 11 years since they were last in the playoffs and that was in a strike shortened year and strange playoff system

vs Rams (start #14)
    In unusual fashion the Packers start the season off in Milwaukee (which means that I see the action). In an impressive game vs the Rams Favre throws 2 TD's, but we see a glimpse of the risk vs reward with him. as on one pass off a mad scramble he unleashes a bomb, that is tipped by the safety but ends up in Sharpe's hands for a 50 yd TD. He throws another TD and an INT.

vs Eagles
    Well Reggie gets to face his old team for the first time at Lambeau. Its a tight game that the eagles win. Favre is less than stellar with 2TD's but 2 Ints and only a 50% completion.

at Vikings
    This place is turning out to be a house of horrors for Favre and the Packers. 2 Ints lead to a 15-13 loss. No TD's throwing but runs one in.

at Dallas
    Another place that will turn out to haunt Favre over his career. Favre and Co get the ball and score. But the defending champs rally and cream them 36-14. Dallas is just too strong for them at this point. No TDs but also no INTS.

vs Broncos
    A prime time game for the Packers. Favre vs Elway for the first time. He had just lost to Aikman can be beat a future HOFer?? It was a tale of two halves for Favre, good in the first 1 TD, bad in the 2nd (3 INTs). The defense holds the comeback kid from beating them as Reggie (to chants of Reggie...Reggie...) sacks Elway to end the game.

at Tampa Bay
    Well this was a much better game for Favre. 4 TD's (all to Sharpe) with only 1 INT. The Packers roll 37-14. Its becoming clear that how Favre goes so does the Packers.

Could use some help with this ticket!!

vs Bears
    The villians come to town. But Favre is starting to but them in their place. 1 TD and 1 INT, but this time the rest of the team helps out to a 17-3 win.

at KC
    First MNF game in a while. I was pumped to watch. At the curling club we all started early to make it down in time to watch the game. Maybe we shouldnt have. Favre was a little to hyped up for this game 1 TD vs 3 Ints and 2 fumbles. All leads to a 23-16 loss.

at Saints
    Not a strong outing by Favre but not horrible either 1 TD vs 0 Ints (big improvement from last week). Favre leads the team from behind hitting Sharpe on a 50+ pass to set up the game winning FG. 19-17

Need help with this ticket!!

vs Detriot
    Lions in Milwaukee two years in a row. Two wins in arrow too. 26-17. Shocking they win with 0 TD's but 2 Ints from Favre. TO's have been a real problem this year and there is talk that maybe Brunell needs to play.

vs Tampa Bay
    A hard fought game with Favre limping at the end...yet he leads them from behind hitting Sharpe with the game winning TD. 13-10. 1 TD no INTs.

at Bears
    Well he has won two straight. But that little run ends (a much bigger run will start next year). Has 36 completions for 402 yards and 2 TDs but also 3 Ints. Bears win 30-17. They think all is well but ask them in a few years.

at Chargers
    Well they get back on track with a less than average game from Favre. 0 Td's 1 Int. But they win 20-13

vs Vikings
    Last Milwaukee game of the year. Later than normal (strange year). The team struggles overall and lose 21-17 (my first loss from Favre in person). Despite the teams and Favres issues (1 int and 1 fumble). They had shots until a late fumble and then the int with 46 seconds left. He did throw 2 TD's.

vs Raiders
    Another HOF comes to town. Howie Long this time. In a cold game the Packers roll 28-0. 1 TD by Favre. But the play of the game...a fumble recovery by White who laterals to Butler before going out of bounds who returns it for a TD and leaps into the stands. Thats right the start of the Lambeau Leap. The Pack is back in the Playoffs.

at Detriot
    Well in an up and down season the last game means something again...this time a win means a Division Crown and home game. A loss means a Wild card slot and a game on the round probably against the Lions again. A poor game by Favre 4 INTS vs 1 TD, he would lead the league in INTS with 24, leads to a 30-20 loss and a trip back to Detriot next week. The heat was on Holmgren to make a change but he said to Favre..."its you and me, we are either riding out of town as losers or going to the top but it will be together".

at Detroit (wild card game)
    Back at the dome in Detroit. What a difference a week makes 3 TD's vs 1 INT. All three to Sharpe. Inculding a miracle pass to Sharpe with 50 seconds left. A cross the field 50 yard bomb. Pack comes from behind to win 28-14.

I need this ticket.

But here is a link to the play
    Favre to Sharpe

at Dallas (Divison Round)
    Well a much better outing than earlier in the year...this team might be turning a corner. But 2 Ints and 2 fumbles off set the 2 TDs. Packers lose 27-17. One wonders what would happen if he could contain himself somewhat. A 10 point loss on the road to the defending Champs with 4 TO's. Could they have won without those TO's...maybe...but remember if it wasnt for that wild pass last week they might not have even been there. Favre had a open target instead of Sharpe in Detroit but it wouldnt have done anything. Instead he wings it and they win...but sometimes he wings it and they lose. But one has to admit he plays to win more than to lose. Again things look bright for the Packers for the future. They have young team growing around a young gun.

I need this ticket.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    looking good Jay. I sent you my list of duplicate tickets awhile ago but I came across of couple more. I will let you know.
  • Options
    Not too much interest. If anyone wants to see the rest of the tickets let me know. I can send you a link to my photobucket account.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I was actually waiting to see if I could help. I like NFL tickets and have some Packers...but not enough to check until you were further along...please continue (although feel free to skip a couple 49ers games).
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Please continue!
  • Options
    I will...give me a little time for this weeks update. kinda busy with work and all so far this week.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    This thread is awesome!

Can't wait for it to continue!

BTW, I think I might have sold you the Packers v. Rams ticket when
    Favre broke Marino's all time yardage record (here in St Louis)

great work! very interesting reading.

Regards,

Gabbs

• Options
    Gabbs,

Yes I did buy that ticket from you. You might have to wait awhile to see it though.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Well flash back to 1994...for Packers fans the feeling was optimism. They went to the playoffs last year and won one game on the road...now the hope was for a home game.

Start #30 vs Minnesota
    The season starts off on a good note. Packers beat the Vikings 16-10 with a TD pass to Sharpe but no INTS!!

#31 vs Miami
    A Milwaukee game...how could I have guessed at the time that I would be watching the #1 and #2 all time QB's going head to head at that time in Favre's career. Well the old vet bested the Packers that game 24-14. I want to think that Dan beat T-Buck in this fame with a Fake Spike but dont remember for sure. Favre threw 2 TD's but also a costly INT.

#32 at Philly
    Reggie returns home. But the Vet is nasty to the Packers and Reggie. They lose 13-7. Favre throws 1 Td and 2 INTs plus is sacked 6 times.

Nice looking ticket.

#33 vs Tampa Bay
    Back home is what the doctor ordered. They get back to 0.500 with a 30-3 plasting of the Bucs. 3 TD's and no INTS. 30 of 39 for 306 to end the day as well. Is this going to be another just above 0.500 season or will they break out??

#34 at New England
    Well it looks like another nail bitter of a season. They play well at home but struggle on the road. A 17-16 loss to the Pats. Favre throws 1 TD but 2 Ints, including one on the goal line in the 4th quarter. Mistakes all around cost them this game.

#35 vs LA Rams
    A home game gets them back to 0.500 again, 24-17. 1 TD and 1 INT. These TOs' are getting habbit forming the INT and a fumble lead to 10 points for the Rams. But the Packers rally for 21 points in the second half to win.

#36 at Minnesota
    The house of horrors is at it again. Favre has to leave the game with a badly bruised hip, with 0 TD and 1 INT with only 10 attempts. This happens to be his shortest start I think. The Vikes prevail 13-10.

#37 at Chicago
    Well its Halloween on MNF and Favre is coming off a bad injury...will this be a trick or treat for the Bears?? Well its a Treat for the Packers for sure, a blasting of the Bears 33-6 in a monsoon. The best is that in this game the Bears trodded out Butkus and Sayers to retire their jerseys at halftime but the weather was so bad most of the fans were in the hallways of soldier field. Favre throws 1 TD but runs for an funny 36 yd TD. Cant ask for a better B-day gift can I for the next day!!

#38 vs Detroit
    Home after a road win with a chance to go above 0.500. Well with the Lions on the road against that Packers and Favre that is almost always a win. And it is again 38-30 with 3 TDs and 1 INT from Favre.

#39 vs NY Jets
    Home and agian and another win, 17-10. Favre throws 2 TD's and no INTs.

#40 at Buffalo
    Well things didnt start well for the Packers down 24-0 they rally but fall short 29-20. Favre throws 3 TD's and 1 INT. They are now 6-5 heading to Dallas. Seems like they might be back to 0.500 soon.

#41 at Dallas
    Well again on the road against the Champs...equalls another loss and back to 0.500. This was one entertaining Turkey day game. The Pack and Favre were there to play but the Defense couldnt help. Favre throws 4 TD's and no Ints should equal a win but down here it doesnt. Tbuck is burned by Irvin and the Pack fall 42-31.

#42 at Detroit
    The Pack could sure use a win to prevent a 3 game slide after a 3 game winning streak. But that doesnt happen. They lose in the dome 34-31. 3 TDs help but the 2 INts do not. They will need another strong finish to hope for a WC after falling under 0.500.

#43 vs Chicago
    Well with a win need the Bears head to town. But Favre has their number and the Packers roll 40-3. 3 TDs and 1 INT get them back to 0.500 at 7-7 with two games left.

#44 vs Atlanta
    A bitter sweet game for my Dad and I. This is our last game with the Packers in Milwaukee. Next year we will have to drive up to Green Bay for only 2 games, we lose one of our regular season games with the move. But it was a blast. Favre leads them back from behind with a TD dive into the endzone with 14 seconds left. I am looking for a large format pic of the one of the photos below. I would love to have it auto'd to display with our tickets and program. BTW, the Packers win 21-17 on 2 TD throws and the game winning running score against 1 INT. Sharpe is also pretty much lost for his career with a neck injury. That teaches me to buy a jersey. I vow never to buy a Favre until he retires, I have yet to get one yet. I like that I was able to get PSA to label the tickets as to which was my seat and which was my Dad's.

#45 at Tampa Bay
    Well its the last game of the year and the playoffs are on the line with a potential home game to boot. They take care of business on the road 34-19 to get a home playoff game against the Lions in the Wild Card game. Favre throws 3 TDs and 1 Int.

P3 vs Detroit
    First home playoff game for awhile for the Packers. The Defense is the name of this game. They hold Barry Sanders to -1 yard rushing and hold off a late rally by the Lions. Packers win 16-12. No TD's but no INts either.

P4 at Dallas
    Well that win last week gets them another shot at the Cowboys. There is some hope as they played them well on Turkey day but can the defense do anything??? Well not really and the offense doesnt do anything either. They lose 35-9. No TDs and 1 INT.

Can they ever get over the Cowboy hump? Will they ever win the division?? Win a little more on the road??? We will have to wait to see.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Jay,

Here the game summary of that Packers/Dolphins game (start #31) to refresh your memory. Although it is from a Dolphins point of view..lol

Dolphins at Packers Summary, Sep 11, 1994

The Dolphins went into Sunday's game jinxed. First of all, the Green Bay Packers had never beaten the Dolphins. And if that wasn't enough, Dan Marino appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, thereby jinxing the Dolphins to certain doom.

Well, I guess the football gods didn't read Sports Illustrated this week, because the Dolphins beat the Packers on Sunday by a score of 24-14.

Don't be mislead by the score, however, because this game was not very close. The Dolphins did everything they wanted to for the first 3 quarters of the game, taking a 24-0 lead into the 4th quarter before coasting to a victory. They ran, they passed and they played enough defense to win a convincing victory over the Pack.

The game basically went like this: During the first quarter, each team tested the other, playing pretty evenly and pretty conservatively. At first, neither the Packers nor the Dolphins looked great, but they didn't look terrible. Both teams moved the ball tentatively and each team managed to get the ball into field goal range with a mixture of short passes, runs and screen passes. The only real difference was that the Packers' field goal attempt hit the upright and the Dolphins' was good. At one point, however, Favre threw 5 incompletions in a row, which was an omen of things to come. At the end of the first quarter, the Dolphins lead 3-0.

In the second quarter, the Dolphins started by sacking Brett Favre with some good push on the left side by Jeff Cross and Craig Veasey. Then the Dolphins put IRVING SPIKES into the game. The reason that I capitalized his name is that on his first 3 carries of the game, Spikes got 41 yards (7, 11, and 23 yards). By the end of the quarter, Spikes would carry 9 times for 71 yards. Spikes finally put some real fire into the offense and the Dolphins took the ball down the field twice in the quarter, ending one touchdown drive with a pass to Keith Jackson and the other with a pass to Keith Byars. The Packers would fumble away one of their drives (Favre fumbled without even being touched) and the clock would run out on the other.

The Dolphins had a 17-0 lead at the half and had totally dominated the Packers.

The Dolphins opened the second half by taking the ball straight down the field on the Packers, ending in a 7 yard touchdown run by Terry Kirby. This would be the Dolphins' final score of the game on a drive that would take 7:30 off the clock. The Packers did try to get back into the game, but after Favre had engineered a nice drive, he made a bad pass that was batted by Jeff Cross into the arms of Craig Veasey for Veasey's first professional interception. At this point in the game, the Dolphins pretty much abandoned a serious passing game and concentrated on the run. The Packers continued to try to get back into the game, but continued to make mistakes on offense that the Dolphins took advantage of. At the end of the third quarter, the Dolphins lead 24-0.

The fourth quarter was a very different game, with the Dolphins going to a "Prevent Nothing" defense and allowing the Packers to move the ball pretty much as they wanted to, while the offense just chewed up time and only attempted one pass the whole quarter. And the Packers took advantage of it, getting 2 touchdowns, but it didn't mean much because the Dolphins chewed up plenty of time and won the game, 24-14.

Overall, special mention goes to the Dolphins' offensive line, who allowed only 1 sack on a safety blitz and kept Reggie White, Sean Jones and the rest of the Packers defensive line at bay for most of the game. The other two times Marino was "sacked", he fell down by slipping on the grass long before anyone touched him. The Packers didn't get serious pressure on Dan all day. Also, the line opened enough holes for Dolphins' runners to get 93 yards rushing in the first half alone.

Of the 93 yards rushing that the Dolphins had in the first half, Irving Spikes had 71 of those yards. He squirted through holes, escaped tackles and showed good vision, good cutback ability, strength and smarts. He looked very, very good.

The defense also played a good game, with the defensive line finally getting some push up the middle and from the left side. Their coverage was mixed, but much better than last week, even without Troy Vincent. Bryan Cox filled in admirably at middle linebacker and Singleton and Beavers had good games.

All in all, the Dolphins played an excellent game against a very good team, and made some definite moves in the right direction with their defense and their running game. Hopefully, Spikes will continue to see more playing time in the future and will become an integral part of the Dolphins' offense

Favre was 31-51-362, but Packers only rushed for 38 yards.
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Jason,

Thanks for the info. That brings back some more memories. My dad and I wondered who that running back was during the game and we never could find out. But I still think Marino threw a TD pass off a fake spike but I could be wrong. I am getting old these days. That was 14 years ago when I was 21.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    A few things:

-The Marino fake spike game was in 1994, but it was a November game at the Jets (They just had this game on the NFL Network about 2 days ago, nice coincidence!) (Aaron Glenn was the DB, I believe).

-I loved how all of the teams in '94 wore the throwbacks for a few games. There were a few that were way out there, though.

-Besides the convenience/money factor, how come they didn't want to play in Milwaukee any more? Did County Stadium close that long ago, I can't remember?

Mark
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    That is pretty cool how they labeled yours and "Dad's" ticket different.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Well sorry for the delay. I have been busy. Today I will post the 1995 update. Others will follow this week to get me back on track.

MeteoriteGuy I could use your help for one of these games.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    1995…well two straight years in the playoffs but still couldn’t beat the Cowboys or win the division. For them to take a next step they will need to win their division first. Then hopefully get some home playoff games…or hope someone knocks off the Cowboys.

Vs St Louis
    Well this is Favre’s first game without Sharpe as the Packers let the WR go after his neck injury. Things didn’t go all that well for Favre. Yes he had two TD’s but also 3 INTS that were costly as the Packers lost 17-14. Little would any guess that this would be the last loss at home until early in the 1998 season.

At Chicago
    Already a game in the hole they need some wins before they have to go to Dallas again. But look who is on the schedule…da BEARS. Just so happens that this team is becoming Favre’s whipping boy. Three TD’s vs one INT yield a 27-24 win. He even finds Brooks for a 99 yard TD.

Vs Giants
    Well this is my first game in Lambeau. Our seats are in the north endzone, row 14. That’s about the height of the cross bar and just a few rows up the the tunnel the Packers use (at least until they redo Lambeau). If anyone runs across a picture of the Packers playing the Giants you can find me and my Dad. I was wearing a 50’s style Milwaukee Braves hat and if you look closely you can find me. Back to the game…the Pack is able to put two games in row together, with a 14-6 win. Two TD’s in the first half was all the offense they would muster in the whole game. This was one of the most boring games we ever saw, but a win is a win. Of course I didn’t save my ticket stub.

At Jacksonville
    Favre plays first game against a former backup, Mark Brunell. Favre bests Brunell in this game with 2 TD’s to lead the Pack to a 24-14 win and 3-1 record heading to Dallas

At Dallas
    Well after falling behind the Pack make a comeback…if it wasn’t for Favre this game would have been a blow out. He passed for only 1 TD but also 2 TD runs but the comeback falls short 34-24.

Vs Detroit
    Well another whipping boy for Favre comes to town, especially in Green Bay the Lions. Favre throws for 342 yards and 2 TD’s as the Packers win 30-21.

Vs Minnesota
    The Vikings follow the Lions into Lambeau and Favre shows them no hospitality. 4 TD’s leads to a 38-21 win

At Detroit
    The Packers head to Detroit and a dome awaits. For some reasons Favre doesn’t always play well in domes and this is no different. 1 TD vs 3 INTS usually leads to a loss on the road in the NFL and this was no different then the odds…Packers lose 24-16 with a trip to Favre’s house of horrors coming up.

At Minnesota
    Well after a poor game in the Silverdome the Pack is off to the Humpty Dump (as we call it in Wisconsin). Favre throws two INTs and not TDs. Favre had to leave the game with a severe ankle injury, then Ty Detmer gets hurt as well. In comes TJ Rubley with the Packers and Vikes tied at 24. The packers have the ball in FG range at the 38 and under a min. to go. Holmgren calls for a QB sneak on 3rd and 1…but the third stringer audibles to a roll out pass…which gets intercepted. The Packers lose 27-24 and Rubley is cut the next week.

Vs Chicago
    Favre cant practice all week but is able to play against da Bears. Why not he owns them. 5 TD passes, 336 yds on 25 of 33 passes leads to a 35-28 win. All this leaves da Bears shaking their heads.

At Cleveland
    Off to Cleveland. Another week later and Favre’s ankle is better. He throws for 3 TD’s and runs for another as the Packers win 31-20.

Vs Tampa Bay
    With 3” of snow on the ground and cold in the air the Bucs head to Green Bay. Of course we know who is going to win. 3 TD’s leads to a 35-13 win.

Vs Cincinnati
    The Packers have themselves in a good position to win the Division for a change. They just need to finish strong. 3TD’s vs 1 INT is a good start as the Packers win 24-10.

At Tampa Bay

Two weeks later a rematch with a divison rival. Other than the Bears that is how it worked this year for the Packers against the NFC Central. And again the Packers lose on the road. Favre was erratic all game and lucky to only have 1 INT. But only 1 TD as well as the Packers lose 13-10, ending their division record at 5-3 meaning it could be another nail biter down the stretch.

At New Orleans
    Well another dome game and Packers could really use a win to help win the Division. Favre comes through with 4 TDs as the Packers win 34-23.

I need this Ticket.

Vs Pittsburgh
    Well its all in their hands this year to win the Division. All they have to do is beat the Steelers, one of the best teams in the AFC. It’s a hard fought game that has Favre spitting up blood at one point. With 2 TD passes Favre has them up 24-19, but the Steelers have the ball and our driving with time running out. With fourth down around the 20 the Steelers have to go for it on fourth down. Lucky for the Packers they got their Chirstmas gifts a little earlier on the Christmas Eve as Yancy Thigpen drops a game winning TD on fourth down. They hold on the win the division but cant crack the Cowboys or Niners grip on the first round bye or hold field advantage.

WC vs Falcons
    Well not all season ticket holders bought tickets and the phone lines were opened up for other season ticket holders to get tickets. My cousin and I both try to get some. I was the lucky one this time. My cousin got tickets for the game last year against the Lions but I turned down going. We had four tickets and I invited two friends to join us. One a Niners fan. This was a fun game to watch. Favre throws 3 TDs and a rookie runs back a punt for a TD as well (Freeman) and the Packers win easy 37-20.

On the way home I made two predictions…one that Freeman would turn out to be pretty decent…the second was to my Niners friend. That being that I thought the Packers matched up well with the Niners and would win next week in San Fran. The smirk I got from him was funny.

Here is my ticket, but PSA would not slab it.

Division at San Francisco
    Well this game was nearly over from the start. The Niners first time with the ball ended with a fumble recovery for a Packer TD. Favre then went to work with 2 TDs as the Packers win 27-17 putting them in the elite of the NFC. Now they just have to go back down to Dallas.

I need this ticket.

NFC Champ at Dallas
    Well can the new league MVP finally beat the Cowboys. He starts off bad missing open receivers and throwing one INT that leads to a Dallas TD. Favre regroups and leads them on 5 scoring drives to bring the game to 31-27 with 12 minutes left. However he runs in to trouble on a roll out pass when everyone is covered and thinks he can fit it in, but throws late and it is picked off. The Cowboys score two plays later and the Packers lose 38-27.

Will they ever get this close again? Back then I thought that they would as they had be improving every year and still had a lot of young talent on the team.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    We want more. (Will look to see if I have the Pittsburgh ticket tonight.)
  • Options
    sorry i had gotten quite busy with work and other things. but there is good news. my ticket sets should be live soon!! plus there will be a favre smr out soon as well.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>sorry i had gotten quite busy with work and other things. but there is good news. my ticket sets should be live soon!! plus there will be a favre smr out soon as well. >>

Nice, hope they gave you a little write up in the Favre SMR. Are you going to collect the Favre Jets tickets?
  • Options
    yes, i was interviewed about both my master set and the tickets. there should be some nice pics of both in the article. also my favre tsc rc is in the new psa book. i do plan on getting his jets tickets as i would like to keep up the collection.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Alright my set is finally Live!!!

To bad this new software isnt still up to speed. I have about double the tickets that I have in the set now that are already graded and in my inventory but they dont register witht the set. In many ways the V2 has been a real pain in the butt. Other ways has been great like the ability to replace cards and delete items more than one at a time. Also they seem to add new certs faster than before as well. But other cards/items seem "lost in the system".
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    well my set is over 97% complete now. with scans of all but two new additions that have arrived back from PSA. if PSA would grade Ticketmaster tickets I would have about another 4 to add. that said i am looking for the following tickets. if anyone can help they would be nicely rewarded.

10/18/92 at Browns
    11/14/93 at Saints
    12/15/96 at Detroit
    9/27/98 at Carolina
    9/24/00 at Arizona
    9/15/02 at Saints
    10/17/04 at Detroit
    9/22/08 at Chargers

also i need one playoff ticket from 1/20/02 at Rams.

i hope this set will get some consideration for Ticket Set of the Year.

here are links to my two sets. The Radke Collection.

Starts set

Playoff Set
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jay,

Amazing job! What venues have you used? I may have some contacts up at the Packer offices that may help. I will see what I can do.

Also, I got my Christmas gift on the wall

Jenninges Jersey that is inscribed "400 - 420 - 421" and signed by Greg. Also have it matted with the tickets from both games. Pic to follow
  • Options
    troy,

would like to see some pics of that jersey. i have a buddy down here in chicago that is also a big packer fan (grew up in tosa). for his bday a year or two ago, his son was able to hook him up as being an on the field greeter...you know those people in yellow jackets when the packers are coming out of the tunnel. in addition he got a driver signed jersey. its great.

i would be greatful for any help you might bring me. not sure how much you will get even with your connections as all of these are from away games. but as they say, you dont know until you ask.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    its been awhile. maybe at some point i will update the tread with the game by game viewpoints. but more than likely that will be add to the set comments.

i had a ticket sub from april pop yesterday. the big news in it was that i now have a graded full ticket from start #3, at Cleveland. so now i am down to only one ticket. i actually have a ticket for the 2004 at Detroit game but PSA will not slab it as it is a ticket master issued ticket.

oh yeah...a few years back this set did win ticket set of the year the first year it went live.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Wow I enjoyed that.. Why won't PSA grade a ticketmaster ticket?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658