Home Sports Talk
Options

Pens march to the Stanley Cup

Playing great right now,on offense & defense !Go Pens!

Lou
Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.

Comments

• Options
    THE PENS ARE A WELL ROUNDED COMPLETE TEAM THAT TAUGHT THE FLYER'S A LESSON. AFTER ALL, ANY SPORTS TOWN THAT HAS A SPORTS IDOL THAT IS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER NAMED ROCKY IS PATHETIC. THE WHOLE TOWN OF PHILLY AND ITS SPORTS TEAMS ARE LOSERS AND THEY WILL GO ANOTHER 25 YEARS WITHOUT A WINNING TEAM. BYE BYE PHILLY
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yea, like Pittsburgh is a big hockey town. LOL
  • Options
    How many times did the Penguins almost move or even almost fold in recent years? If fast Eddie Rendell hadn't legalized slot machines, with the new owners trying to profit in some way off of that, then the Penguins would have been long gone. So much for hockey interest in Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    THE PENS OWNERSHIP GROUP DID WHAT EVER IT TOOK TO KEEP THE TEAM LOCAL EVEN THREATENING TO LEAVE THE CITY. BUSINESS IS CUT THROAT, THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY STAYED. PHILLY ALSO HAS NEW STADIUMS THAT WERE PARTIALLY FINANCED BY SLOT REVENUE. AS A TRUE FAN I STAYED WITH MY TEAM DURING THE GOOD AND BAD. ANY TYPICAL PHILLY FAN WOULD OF BAILED ON THE TEAM IF THEY WENT THROUGH WHAT THE PENS DID. JUST THE FEW PHILLY FANS I KNOW BAILED ON THEIR TEAM AFTER THE FIRST 3 GAMES OF THIS SERIES WHEN PITT WAS UP 3-0. GET USED TO GETTING BEATEN BY THE PENS.
    YOUR ONLY HOPE IS THE PHILLIES, THEY ARE GETTING THERE!

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THE FLYER'S WON A CUP? 1975! WOW, 33 YEARS AGO.

• Options
    Don't see em beating Detroit or Dallas when the Finals start.......but...good season thoughimage

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options

<< <i>THE PENS OWNERSHIP GROUP DID WHAT EVER IT TOOK TO KEEP THE TEAM LOCAL EVEN THREATENING TO LEAVE THE CITY. BUSINESS IS CUT THROAT, THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY STAYED. PHILLY ALSO HAS NEW STADIUMS THAT WERE PARTIALLY FINANCED BY SLOT REVENUE. AS A TRUE FAN I STAYED WITH MY TEAM DURING THE GOOD AND BAD. ANY TYPICAL PHILLY FAN WOULD OF BAILED ON THE TEAM IF THEY WENT THROUGH WHAT THE PENS DID. JUST THE FEW PHILLY FANS I KNOW BAILED ON THEIR TEAM AFTER THE FIRST 3 GAMES OF THIS SERIES WHEN PITT WAS UP 3-0. GET USED TO GETTING BEATEN BY THE PENS.
    YOUR ONLY HOPE IS THE PHILLIES, THEY ARE GETTING THERE!

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THE FLYER'S WON A CUP? 1975! WOW, 33 YEARS AGO. >>

You're dead wrong about Flyers fans - among the most loyal, devoted hockey fans anywhere in the country...and all hockey fans know that. You should learn more about sports before posting here in this forum. And you also should learn good sportsmanship as well...the time for smack talk is before and during a championship playoff...any gutless jackass can talk smack after his team wins the championship...have some stones and bring it on ahead of time, not after it's all over. After it's over is the time to "shake the other guy's hand", not beatup on fans who are already on the ground.

-
  • Options
    Loyal and devoted, "yeh"I live in the Philly area and you are dead wrong. When the teams are winning the fans are happy but when they lose a big game or a series watch out, they will turn on the team or players in a heart beat. If that doesn't work they will blame it on the refs for bad calls. During the series I sat back and took abuse from the flyer's fans about how bad the Pens would lose without saying a word because i knew the outcome. It's funny, as far as I can remember any time the Eagles or Flyer's would play in a championship game instead of having a quiet confidence in their team the fans have always trash talked and still can't win the big game. It's all attitude and the whole city of Philly has the wrong one just like you. Even if the Pens do not win the cup they achieved allot with such young talent and will be force to be dealt with for years to come.
  • Options
    The Flyers are loyal and devoted fans. Even when the team was real bad last year, the stadium still had a good amount of people at the games.

Philly fans aren't the kindest in the world, even booing their own players, but Flyer fans rarely boo their team. They aren't polite to opposing teams or fans, but they did give Mario Lemieux a standing ovation when he returned from Hodgkins.
  • Options

<< <i>Loyal and devoted, "yeh"I live in the Philly area and you are dead wrong. When the teams are winning the fans are happy but when they lose a big game or a series watch out, they will turn on the team or players in a heart beat. If that doesn't work they will blame it on the refs for bad calls. During the series I sat back and took abuse from the flyer's fans about how bad the Pens would lose without saying a word because i knew the outcome. It's funny, as far as I can remember any time the Eagles or Flyer's would play in a championship game instead of having a quiet confidence in their team the fans have always trash talked and still can't win the big game. It's all attitude and the whole city of Philly has the wrong one just like you. Even if the Pens do not win the cup they achieved allot with such young talent and will be force to be dealt with for years to come. >>

"quiet confidence" - After the series is over you sure ain't displaying "quiet confidence" now are you?

I went to Penn State at State College and knew many Pittsburgh fans and they are dam good sports fans, especially with their Steelers, but you are naive beyond belief if thinking that other fans don't display the same traits that you just mentioned.

-
  • Options

<< <i> Oh yea, like Pittsburgh is a big hockey town. >>

You couldn't be more wrong on this point. Have you ever been to a Penguin game in Pittsburgh?
  • Options

<< <i>ou're dead wrong about Flyers fans - among the most loyal, devoted hockey fans anywhere in the country...and all hockey fans know that. >>

Steve on one thread you write the above quote and on an earlier thread your wrote this. Which one is it.

<< <i> Flyers folding as usual. What else is new? And except for the hardcore Flyers fans, nobody else in Philly cares about hockey anyway. >>