Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1912 MPL purchased on ebay raw arrived today...Update ....Grade is in....

This one.....230249805330

I put a little olive oil on a Q Tip.........and was pleasantly surprised that lot of the gunk on the obverse was on the surface and came off on the Q Tip.............opinions?

note: The dark spot on the nose is not nearly as visable in hand as the picture taken under an Ott Lite shows.....and the black speck below the E is not on the coin

Comments

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE!

I knew that was a nice one. Submitting it? Im thinking PR 63BN
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

I'm gonna give it a try across the street..........is it going to be a problem with the rim peel @ 12 and 5 oclock?
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one cleaned up very good. I thought it was just finger prints and smudge. But the seller said corrosion when I read it a second time. I guess I would ask why you would send it across the street? I do not think the rims would stop it at PCGS.

JMHO.
    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

I have a 1910 in a ngc slab now, I never intended to start liking these things but you know how that goes, I only live 20 miles from sarasota so it's easy to drop them off and faster too.

If I get enough of these then I'll probaly try to cross them to PCGS.........
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63BN

NGC should holder it.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    sweet 12' you got there
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options

I got the results from across the street today...........PR65BN..........................image
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Wow! nice job, congrats
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got the results from across the street today...........PR65BN..........................image >>

Thats looks like a fair grade....Congrats!!!!
  • Options

for those that did not see the original auction photo.....................

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Good job, brother.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, A little gamble pays off now and then. I am glad for you.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good you chose NGC.

The home team here may have sent it back in a BB for, well, anything they felt like sayingimage
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    what a sweet lil deal this turned out to be for you...congrats bigtime
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see