Home Sports Talk
Options

A 5 for 5 Night w/ 2 HRs, 5 RBIs, 4 Runs Will ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
A 5 for 5 night with 2 HRs, a triple, 2 singles, 4 runs and 5 RBIs by Josh Hamilton will certainly you help in the [on pace] category ... as evidenced by Hamilton being on pace for 185 RBIs. No way he keeps it up, but if Hamilton can even knock in 130, that'll be pretty amazing for a guy who was [literally] on the verge of death just a few years ago.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Yeah, I'm rooting for the guy! He was SOOO close to hitting for the cycle tonight too.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Many people say that the Rays are stupid for letting him go. In the end though, it was the right decision. The ownership made it clear that they still believed in him but a change of scenery was needed for him and the worry had become a burden on the Rays front office. In the end, I'm proud of what he is doing and where he is today. So are the Tampa fans that were around and followed his demise.

It truly is the story of the Natural.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ill take Worth's 3 homers and 8 RBI's.

thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ankiel story is every bit as good. Great talents, both of them.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>The Ankiel story is every bit as good. Great talents, both of them. >>

While the Ankiel is good, I take the Hamilton story over Ankiel's. Hamilton was near death, addicted to HARD drugs for many years after being the top pick in baseball, has been thrown from team to team (Tampa, Chicago, Cinci, Texas) he has finally come to the show and has been mashing balls just like scouts predicted back in '99.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm rooting for him.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish him the best, same thing with Ankiel.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While the Ankiel is good, I take the Hamilton story over Ankiel's. Hamilton was near death, addicted to HARD drugs for many years after being the top pick in baseball, has been thrown from team to team (Tampa, Chicago, Cinci, Texas) he has finally come to the show and has been mashing balls just like scouts predicted back in '99. >>

I hope you're not trying to make it sound like Hamilton found himself in Texas. He was ripping the cover off of the ball in April and May 2007, after tearing up Spring Training (he hit over .400) and only 2 stints on the DL seemed to be able to slow him down. Considering that his '99 TT Auto was selling for around $200 last summer after lingering in discount bins the seasons prior, this season is not a shock. If you think Texas was taking a wild chance him, they gave up Edinson Volquez and Danny Herrera to acquire him!!!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ill take Worth's 3 homers and 8 RBI's. >>

Not even remotely related post padder.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>While the Ankiel is good, I take the Hamilton story over Ankiel's. Hamilton was near death, addicted to HARD drugs for many years after being the top pick in baseball, has been thrown from team to team (Tampa, Chicago, Cinci, Texas) he has finally come to the show and has been mashing balls just like scouts predicted back in '99. >>

I hope you're not trying to make it sound like Hamilton found himself in Texas. He was ripping the cover off of the ball in April and May 2007, after tearing up Spring Training (he hit over .400) and only 2 stints on the DL seemed to be able to slow him down. Considering that his '99 TT Auto was selling for around $200 last summer after lingering in discount bins the seasons prior, this season is not a shock. If you think Texas was taking a wild chance him, they gave up Edinson Volquez and Danny Herrera to acquire him!!! >>

I know he was hitting the ball well last year and that many were predicting him to breakout this year. I'm not quite sure what your intent was with your post but all I meant was that he battled through all of his ups and downs and as he's now hitting the ball like they thought he would back when he was drafted. Not sure how you got "he came out of nowhere" from my original post.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure how you got "he came out of nowhere" from my original post. >>

I'm not saying you said "he came out of nowhere," but it appeared as though you suggested that he wasn't wanted by numerous teams and you seemingly ignored last season as you said he has "finally come to the show" as quoted below:

<< <i>has been thrown from team to team (Tampa, Chicago, Cinci, Texas) he has finally come to the show and has been mashing balls just like scouts predicted back in '99. >>

Tampa lost him because they removed him from the 40 man roster due to the suspensions when Chicago drafted him in the Rule 5 draft and sold his rights to Cincinatti where he finally got to play in the majors last season before being traded to Texas (as Cincy was, and still is, overloaded with OFers) for Volquez and Herrera.
  • Options
    I'm fully aware that he was around last year and his history in transactions. I guess it was just poor word choice, but what I meant by "coming to the show" was that he's finally developed into what they thought he would've been by his 21st birthday. I guess "stepping up to the plate" would've been better. Either way if you would've asked people, including Josh Hamilton, 5 years ago where Hamilton would be today, practically nobody would've predicted this and the same goes for Ankiel.