Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Post a 1915 MPL (If you currently have one)

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    I don't have one yet.. hopefully in a couple of months.
    -Gabe
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Doug
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i hope i currently have one...russ... ;-)
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is wood-grained.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Here goes. Technical wizard that I am....

1915 MLP PCGS 66BN
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    DMWJR,
    NICE!!!!!
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • I'm sorry - I can't get the 'photobucket' thing down yet. maybe the image is there, maybe not.

Either way, here is the link to my set; the 1915 is in graphic (in Truview) form.

I would paste it in and image, Ambro; I'm technically still figuring things out in this system, which is new to me.

Duane

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=43537&ac=1

PCGS 1915PR66 BN. I think that the shoulder strike and no spots may reasonably dictate a legitimate PR67BN even in these times of tough upgrades. Any comments from my "posse"?

By the way, Doug, WOW! Get your set up will ya, and give us all a treat.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 15's are so sweeeeeett. Its a lucky collector indeed who has a 1915 mattie in his collection. yes.....lucky indeed.

Here we see a tiny imprint in copper, only perhaps 5/8 inch in size....and the representation of detail in the Lincoln bust is total perfection. No matter how much you enlarge these digital pictures, or examine the coin with a loupe, the intricate detail in the bust is just overwhelming. I would certainly nominate This particular year and type of lincoln cent to be the finest of the breed. And, I will suggest that Brenners bust of Lincoln, as recorded on the 1915 MPL is the finest quality portrait bust yet used on a United States coin, of any type and denomination.

Yes...its a lucky collector who has a 1915 mattie.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't have one yet.. hopefully in a couple of months. >>

Hopefully soonerimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins Grasshopper and Robec.

I remember them both very well.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely one of my best buys, Dave. And it does make a wonderful Lincoln bust icon.image
  • loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't have one yet.. hopefully in a couple of months. >>

Hopefully soonerimage >>

-Gabe
  • Doug:
    Your 1915 is the PR65RD, ex Blay, right? Beautiful coin! It looks much better than the PR66RD sold in the February 2008 Heritage Long Beach Auction. Did you ever consider submitting for regrade? If I could figure out how to add an image I would show you mine, but by now many of you have already seen it on the other thread. Too bad Brian Wagner isn't around to show me how to add an image.
    Jonathan
  • Thanks to Ambro51 for showing me how to upload images. Here's my 1915 PR65RD:

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holey Crap HdHunter! That 1915 MPL looks just like the one I saw Friday in a new MPL registry set!
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I have never posted a picture for a forum. Is there a step by step process somewhere the computer challanged can go and do this. The fewer steps the better. BTW i do have a 1915 MPL. Mark
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    easiest way i've found is by using "tinypic.com"
    you upload then they give you a link to copy from "use the img" link
    then just paste it into your reply or post
    way less hassle then all others
    here's the link
    http://tinypic.com/index.php
    this was pasted directly into my reply here
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see