Home PSA Set Registry Forum

New Features Added to Registry

Thoughts on the changes?

New Features Added to Registry

Comments

• sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    It will be great. I have been beta testing it for a few days, and it seems to be working pretty well. It is just like the PCGS system. I guess my only dissapointment is, we will have to put in values manually, and update them ourselves. Actually, I am not sure if that is a dissapointment or not. I collect T206, and the various backs can alter the value significantly. SMR would not take that into consideration anyway. Other than that all looks great.

I will probably start a T206 HOF subset. I have been too lazy to do it, because of all the manual imputting, now I can do it with one click. We will definately see more sets started in each category. I think the number of sets grew by several thousand when PCGS lauched V2.

Also, I will probably start adding pics to my sets, now that it will be much simpler.

Happy days! I have been looking forward to this for quite a while.
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any one else been testing?
    all the features sound good though
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
    I think Levi was. I saw where he was adding new sets to the test version.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    its real nice that they changed the free sub requirements to 90% from 75%. i am sure those free subs are really killing their bottom line.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    If what sonora says is true...that the coin biz increased by thousands of sets...then it probably would hurt their bottom line (in labor) with thousands of new card sets.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If what sonora says is true...that the coin biz increased by thousands of sets...then it probably would hurt their bottom line (in labor) with thousands of new card sets. >>

Not sure what you mean. Maybe, I did not explain it well. Thousands of new sets were created by collectors, but the same coins were used to fill those sets. For example. I have a basic T206 card registry set. Those cards can be used in other sets as well, such as the HOF sets, the big 3, etc. I never bothered to start those sets before, because I did not want the hassle of imputting each card several times. Now, a card or all your inventory can be added to several sets with one click. So, you can see how my one set will turn into 3 or more. Multiply that by all the collectors with sets, and the increase is easlily understood.

Also, it is easier to keep your duplicates in a second set in the same category. Say, you have a hundred duplicate T206 cards in your V2 inventory that could fit a second set. You can start the set and with one click, all 100 are instantly moved into it.

These new sets will not affect bottoms line in terms of labor. It is all automated within the V2 software. I do not understand where you see labor costs going up at all.
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I've been testing too. So far so good.
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    its real nice that they changed the free sub requirements to 90% from 75%. i am sure those free subs are really killing their bottom line.

When does that take effect... do I still have time to request vouchers at 75%?
  • The email said that the change to 90% would go into effect June 1st.
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I took no chances and requested vouchers for 5 sets yesterday and got an e-mail today that my vouchers will be mailed out.image