Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's with the barcode?

Anyone know why there's a barcode on the PSA flip? My guess is that it is used for generating the packing list, but that's just a guess.

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone know why there's a barcode on the PSA flip? My guess is that it is used for generating the packing list, but that's just a guess. >>

I'm sure it is used for internal controls, data generation and in-house tracking. Also, several of the auction houses and larger retailers use them to auto-populate data tables and auction listings.

**Editted to correct the fact that I'm an idiot who doesn't pay attention!
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    You need to look again at the SGC flips. PSA's current barcode is the certification number of the card. For tracking and logging purposes shooting it with a barcode reader eliminates the human error that will occur when entering the serial number manually.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You need to look again at the SGC flips. >>

I stand corrected . . . And sadly, it's been there all along. Tsk, tsk, tsk . . .
  • Options
    Has anyone ever tried scanning the barcode on a PSA slab with a barcode scanner?
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Set Registry V2 gives the option of using a bar code scanner to enter cards into your inventory.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Thanks for that info. I'll have to pick one up, it will save a lot of trouble.