Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Channel 227 Direct TV for you nightbirds.......

I'm in Connecticut. Dimaggio, Mantle, Williams certified by global for the blowout price of $399. I don't like the sigs and the price seems too good to be true. They are claiming it as a loss leader....... 2 per caller. Can it be legit and is the price too good to be true?

Dave D.

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Whats wrong with the sigs?
  • Options
    I would not touch that garbage, but that's just me.
  • Options
    themetalsignthemetalsign Posts: 555 ✭✭
    I really don't know. The auto's seem crammed to me. The price seems really cheap. I'm not an auto guy so I just don't know.... And I don't really have faith in Global.......
  • Options
    Garbage was my first thought also. I always have to go with the first thought..............
  • Options

<< <i>I really don't know. The auto's seem crammed to me. The price seems really cheap. I'm not an auto guy so I just don't know.... And I don't really have faith in Global....... >>

I am mostly just an autograph guy, and I can tell you that those sigs are bad. Looks like Gizmo authenticated some more crap, or else it's some stuff left from Justin Priddy authenticating for GAI.
  • Options
    I with you on that Stan the Man.............
  • Options
    Now, Kevin Hite, the guy selling on the Sports Room, is claiming he has a guy on the line wanting to buy their entire inventory of the Mantle/Williams/Dimaggio autos.

I truly hope they are bluffing, and some poor soul is not really considering doing that.
  • Options
    There is a seller on Ebay trying to sell one of the Ted Williams/Joe Dimaggio pieces, just like the ones that were on The Sports Room, tonight.

This one is also GAI authenticated, and just as fake as the ones on TV. Probably bought it from The Sports Room too.

And here is the Mantle/Williams/Dimaggio that is also GAI authenticated.

This one is on Ebay, but the same exact bad sigs as the ones on The Sports Room. Wonder if these were some of Marino's left overs? It sures looks like his Mantle and Ted Williams forgeries. Marino could get Mantle close, but was not very good on Ted Williams.
  • Options

<< <i>Now, Kevin Hite, the guy selling on the Sports Room, is claiming he has a guy on the line wanting to buy their entire inventory of the Mantle/Williams/Dimaggio autos.

I truly hope they are bluffing, and some poor soul is not really considering doing that. >>

Oldest "ploy" in the book. Make everyone watching think that the inventory is about to be dried up in hopes of pushing someone who was on the fence into buying immediately. This "trick of the trade" only works on those who are simple minded. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see right through it.
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now, Kevin Hite, the guy selling on the Sports Room, is claiming he has a guy on the line wanting to buy their entire inventory of the Mantle/Williams/Dimaggio autos.

I truly hope they are bluffing, and some poor soul is not really considering doing that. >>

Oldest "ploy" in the book. Make everyone watching think that the inventory is about to be dried up in hopes of pushing someone who was on the fence into buying immediately. This "trick of the trade" only works on those who are simple minded. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see right through it. >>

Yeah, I realize that, but was just saying I hoped someone was not that dumb. As the old saying, there's a sucker born every minute, so you just never know if they truly hooked someone. This is the same guy that was on Shop At Home, before it went off the air in March. Now, it looks like he is back on a new channel.