Home Sports Talk
Options

If you had an extra $1,000, what would you do ?

I guess I'm asking this because I wonder how many of us would put "attend a sporting event" at the top of that list.

Seriously, if you were given an extra thousand or two thousand, what would you spend it on ? BTW, I did find an extra 2,100 in
my account this week, because my SS# ends in 36, but I'm 100% sure it will not go towards attending any ball games.

I'm sure it will go towards things for the family, and probably some summer trips.

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    As for attending a sporting event, I'd go to AS week this year at Yankee Stadium. Get the top seats available for the HR Derby and the ballgame and it's the last year ever in Yankee Stadium.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im all set on going to a sporting event. I would storm Ebay like a WWII Marine hitting the beach!!!
  • Options
    It would go the same place as the 600 bucks that uncle same is sending me......right into my retirement account.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't beat a minor league game for family fun.

Somehow $350 for decent seats at a major league game, parking, food and a souvenir for a family of 4 doesn't seem like family fun anymore.

I've been to some pretty big events in the last 10 years, and rarely are they good for kids.

If going with adult friends though, NFL with a pimped out tailgate or a big boxing/UFC event is hard to beat.

Bank half and blow half on something memorable.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    A woman of the night
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I'd use the $1,000.00 on what would be seemingly 0.000000000000001% of my wedding budget. Money is flowing out of my pockets like there is no tomorrow. image

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    big waste of money on weddings..... use the money for a better honeymoon or for something lasting image like a house.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Charity.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An extra $1k gets me either two decent hookers or 50 $20 crack hoes!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Go buy one of those super expensive bottles of bourbon at the liquor store and pay off some debt.

boring!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd try to bribe the moderators with the money to only allow Eagles and Phillies fans to post here.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    5 shares of Apple.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd use the $1,000.00 on what would be seemingly 0.000000000000001% of my wedding budget. Money is flowing out of my pockets like there is no tomorrow. >>

You think you're spending money NOW! Wait until AFTER the wedding...
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Pay somebody to roof my house.