Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

JOIN 1955B FB registry 152/160 PSA 8 or better

Set for sale on Memory lane auction. Lot #1044 has big time potential for 1/2 grade increases. The set was sent in a while ago. The 1/2 grade cards included in the set were purchased. Thus, the set has not been "culled" out for half grade bump resubmissions. HIGH GRADE set with Ringo and Jaromulak. They are two of the toughest 8s.

Take a look and bid.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Is this your set on consignment? Or just plain spamming someone else's set that you know is sharp? I'm sure bidding will reach top levels with Memory Lane. Good luck with it!
  • Options
    Current bid is $5314.00 + Juice
  • Options
    it's mine..It is as stated "unpicked" for the 8.5 potential upgrades.

Bidding looks low considering I'd pay 5K for ten of the cards in the set. A Ringo just brought $1300+ on the Bay and another went for $1500 a bout 6 months ago. The Landry lists at $300 in SMR. That is an absolute joke.

#151 in 8 is a thorn in a lot of guys' sets.

Set is burried in the catalog. I was hoping to steer a few looks from the board.

Thank you to all for listening.
  • Options
    $7073.00 with plenty of time left. It will do OK, no worries.
    Jeremy
  • Options
    The item description lists an SMR of over $10K. That figure is meaningless to anyone that really knows this set. So, in my opinion the set has a ways to go.
    That being said, I appreciate all the moral support from the PSA board community.
    Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I love the '55 Bowman set! The colors are unbelievable! Hopefully the federal government's stimulus plan will help this set out! Vintage football has been HOT lately and I expect this one to go for over $10,000 easily!
    Paul
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Great set, I agree with Paul.

Cuse, wondering why you didn't break the set up on ebay yourself. I'm sure you would get plenty of activity and interest going that route. Was it more a matter of not having the time to deal it out yourself or just the hassle of individual transactions that took you down the auction consignment rode?

Selling it as a complete set may indeed garner you a set premium price as we all know how truly difficult this set is to build in high grade, but it also limits the bidders who cannot afford to lay our $15-20k at a crack.

Plus the fact it's Memory Lane selling it will dissuade a lot of bidders from bidding on it, like myself. No offense to you whatsoever.
  • Options
    $10K in my opinion is very light on the price. An 8.47 set sold for $60 K (mint state). An 8.5ish set just sold for $53K (mile High). So, I was feelin' $ 10 is basically wholesale dumping it.
    I think an all 8 set with no 9s sold for $35ish less than a year ago. This set is right there. Plus the upgrade potential............

I should have probably broken it up. However, the work in assembling the set let the sentimentmal part of me take over. Let's hope it all works out.

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    You have the same problem selling a '54 Bowman set as opposed to breaking it up. But I agree, you've worked on the set for years and would like it to go to a good home as it is-along with a good price. Just rec'd an e-mail from ML. They have listed your set as one of the items that it considers underbid, and they are trying to hype it. Best of luck.
    Doug
  • Options
    I called and asked them for more pub. I'll divulge what I was told before consignment if this auction doesn't run.

• Options
    last call
    thanks to all
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

<< <i> called and asked them for more pub. I'll divulge what I was told before consignment if this auction doesn't run >>

Don't wait, what were you told?
  • Options
    No funny business with the auction or price. Just the level of exposure. I'll elaborate if warranted.............
  • Options
    ironrangerironranger Posts: 167 ✭✭
    The set went pretty cheap in my opinion. As Cuse mentiones, a handful of the cards like the Ringo still sell for big dollars. Over the last 3+ years, I do not recall of Jarmoluk card being auctioned. I would think that it would be a $1,000+ card easily as it is the toughest card in the set.