Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Heritage Signature Auction at Long Beach

They have the 1936 PR66 Cameo Lincoln up.It is a POP 1 coin.It is already past $5,000.00,with 22days to go.
Rick Tomaska are you watching or bidding?
Don
Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, isn't the owner of this coin a forum member? I think he mentioned what he paid for this coin. Seems to be doing very well image

(yeah, I know it is merz2)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    dbldie55
    It isn't mine.Mine is the 1937 PR66 Cameo.This one is a 1936 PR66 Cameo.I wish it were mine,but you'd never see it up for auction then.image
    Don
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn, thought it was yours. See what happens when you assume. Glad to hear you would not part with yours though. Isn't yours a pop 1 too? It was the first CAM graded wasn't it?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Wow

Now $6,600 including the fee. How high will it have to go before you consider trading down on yours??
    Collect PCGS and NGC certified U.S. Type, early Commems and gold dollars
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, do you guys think this Wheatback cent is overpriced already? Or, is $5,000.00 for this 1936 a bargain?

peacockcoins

• Options
    I don't get to buy these older cameos anymore because they are over my price. But I would pay a few thou for the Lincoln and I don't even collect them.
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I can honestly say,I'd pay $10,000 if I had it of course.That coin and mine would be a pair.I believe mine could also sell for $10,000 if I were to sell it.Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part.image
    Don
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    While I wouldn't pay it, I can imagine this coin selling for $20,000+.
  • Options
    I'm sure that this is the same coin that sold in a Teletrade auction last December 2 - BEFORE it was submitted for regrading and PCGS gave it the CAM designation. The Teletrade price was $4800 plus buyer's fee. It was on display just before that auction (perhaps at Long Beach in November) and people that saw it did not give it rave reviews image. However, since so many collectors buy the slab and the grade image, who knows where it will go.