Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What would you do if someone uses your avatar?

I downloaded the image of Judas Priest British Steel to be unique on here and now some new member is using my image. I did not realize that the image was loaded into CU's avatar function. I am not happy about this.The members name is Sportsamerica. Mike
USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

Comments

• Options
    I would put him in my back yard!

Did you ask him to change it?

Giovanni
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Ah, there's bigger things to worry about. Take it as a compliment.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    On the subject of avatars......

Can we use our own?

If so, how do we go about it?

Thanks,
    Jay
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    This came to me directly from Carol a few days ago:

The Icon upload feature is activated on the 15th of each month from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Pacific Time. If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday it will be activated the Friday prior.
    As you have experienced there are issues with uploading the images from Mac’s which we haven’t been able to resolve. Also the size requirements for the icons are no larger than 100x100 and 10k.
  • Options
    Rob Halford just called , he wants his British Steel album cover back .

I would take it as a compliment
  • Options
    Thanks Vitoco1972

Jay
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Nothing you can do about it.

Once a pic is in the system, anybody can use it.

It is bad form to knowingly use somebody's uploaded avatar, BUT
    there is no "rule" against it.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    True enough .

You could always change yours . .
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Maybe you should switch to the Turbo Lover album cover... I am pretty sure no one would steal that one.

As a child of 80's "metal" a little piece of me died the day I popped that atrocity in my boom box tape deck the first time.

Snorto~
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe you should switch to the Turbo Lover album cover... I am pretty sure no one would steal that one. >>

Since I just find the images online and reduce or crop them to fit the 100X100 rule, I don't really consider them "mine." I've had a couple of people use old ones I had uploaded (Hank Aaron rounding third after hitting the homer in the '71 All Star game and the one of him from the waist up, circa 1966.) In general, I'm happy to share.

I change mine as often as I can, so I've never had anyone use one that I was sporting at the time. That might get a bit annoying.

• Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Yea, it's no big deal but it is rude. That chump will never be as "drumk" as me anyway.image
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    Yep, some newbe started using my Emmitt Smith rc avitar a couple of months ago so I switched to the one that I originally was using when I became a member. I uploaded some others and simply put soonercowboy on them but I really didn't like the way they looked.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Yours?? lol. Not once you upload it.

rude? hardly.

Bad form? hardly.

Elsnorto, you are using one I uploaded. I demand you immediately switch to the image of Judas Priest British Steel.

Thank you for your co-operation.
  • Options
    Finally found myself a new avatar
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a couple people use the same avatar I use after me, but I really don't care
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    you should sue him!

that is the worst stealing an avatar!
  • Options
    rock on homeboy!
  • Options
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    What would you do if someone uses your avatar?

.... I'd probably be happy there was at least one other fan out there....
    Then I'd promptly change it. After all, I've had this one for a while.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options

I'm thinking of using a 1986 topps Alan Knicely -- better not steal it - but if you trade me a '52 Mantle you can use it.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    add butter and salt, plz......
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Beat them about the head, neck, chest and breast area until they change it to something else.
  • Options

<< <i>Beat them about the head, neck, chest and breast area until they change it to something else. >>

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I have used the same avatar since day one (and it has been a long time, over seven years). No one has used mine at the same time, ever. The reason for that is because it is probably one of the crappiest pictures on here. If you do look close enough, you can see it is Ace Frehley.

By the way, I loved the Turbo Lover reference. I am "Locked In" now. ;-)
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would sue him for sure! I can see major damages. Severe emotional distress at least! If you want to hire me to bring suit I would charge a $25,000 retainer... UP FRONT! We MIGHT win though so let's do it!
  • Options
    Tear off his arm and beat him with it.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I see no problem using any icon (avatar) that is in the system.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I saw Priest at the Rave / Eagles Club in Milwaukee a few years back when Halford was not in the band (they had Tom "Ripper" Owens at the time). They were awesome, did a ton of songs, but they sang Turbo Lover and I remember my buddy saying to me "I cannot believe they are doing this song right now".
    I remember the British Steel album very well - 6th grader at the time.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of using Alan's avatar now that he won't be using it.

Nah..........

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    my favorite song on Turbo Lover was always Out In The Cold. Love the intro to that