Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Can you buy tissue paper like the mint used on MPL's

I have never seen a MPL wrapped in tissue paper. Can you still get that type of tissue paper? Anyone have pics on how the MPL cents looked in mint package? Thanks, Mark
Mark
NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"

Comments

• Options
    loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    I have also wondered the same thing. Anyone know?
    -Gabe
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'M SURE IF YOU GO TO A CRAFT STORE YOU CAN PROBABLY PICK THAT UP ALONG WITH A NEAT LITTLE BOX THAT IS REALATIVE IN SIZE TO THE ORIGINAL BOXES THEY WERE SOLD IN.

Sorry for the caps, I didn't know my Caps Lock was on, and I'm not re-typing.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I've often wonder that same question. Let me know if you find out what they used specifically.

My other question was how long would a coin hav the be housed on the paper before toning?
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its sold at Taco Bell.

Ask them for the "Special brown hi-sulpher content Artificial Toning Napkins"

Fold the coin carefully in the tissue and wait forty years.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Ambro51- Is that a new or used napkin?image
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    "Yes, its sold at Taco Bell.

Ask them for the "Special brown hi-sulpher content Artificial Toning Napkins"

Fold the coin carefully in the tissue and wait forty years."
    Forget the napkin - place coins in TB hot sauce (extra spicy) for 15 seconds - instant RB status.

(if you eat coin and digest naturally, the coins tone back to natural Red and upgrade 2 points).

All the doctors know this, and I suspect the grading services have now caught on.
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Sure but Charmin is much softer.