Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1983 Canadian $5 gold!

Currently awaiting the return of a 1983 Canadian $5 gold piece. PCGS certified it as MS68. It was found by my late father still in its mint pouch in a park in St. James Missouri. He found it in 1986. No telling how it got there and how fortunate that it didn't get any environmental damage in that time frame. A real keep sake for me and my family. He found a lot of stuff in his hobby years. I am stumped at identifying its value as I don't have a resource for Canadian coins. I would appreciate anyone with a resource for its value to help me identify its worth. Thanks in advance.
Steve

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Currently awaiting the return of a 1983 Canadian $5 gold piece. PCGS certified it as MS68. It was found by my late father still in its mint pouch in a park in St. James Missouri. He found it in 1986. No telling how it got there and how fortunate that it didn't get any environmental damage in that time frame. A real keep sake for me and my family. He found a lot of stuff in his hobby years. I am stumped at identifying its value as I don't have a resource for Canadian coins. I would appreciate anyone with a resource for its value to help me identify its worth. Thanks in advance.
    Steve >>

interesting story and would like to see some pics if possible.
    what a great find!
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for it to come back. I'll do that when it returns from PCGS.
    Steve

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file