Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1995/1996 Finest Test Refractors (NBA)

Anyone know the story behind these? Are they truly as rare as people auctioning them off say they are? Did they just come in orange for the test refractors?

Comments

• Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I remember reading an article about them in beckett years ago. I'll do my best to track down the article.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    They book really high, but at some point about 7-8 years they came out of the woodwork. They are rare, but not like they are priced. I bought the Jordan tha books $2500 for $350 and the Shaq ($1000) sells for $50-$100. I sold a Pippen $600 for $55 and was happy. They are good if you know a player collector without the internet and you can trade book for book.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys...Reese, if you find that article, that would be great!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I never really understood the bordered/borderless/test/promo stuff they did with that set, so I pretty much avoided it altogether.
  • Options
    The rare ones called Test, Bordered Refractors, Orange Refractors are all the same card. It is the regular mystery card with a refrator finish so it is bordered, the border is orange and it was a test. The regular refractor they went with and put into packs was borderless.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    I will have Gio make a youtub vid about it for you.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    The 95-96 "TEST" refractors should have been called the 1995-96 "Backdoor" refractors. All of this stuff that people think is so rare all came from employees.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Anybody have an over/under of how many were 'supposed' to have been produced?