Options

new eBay seller, same old ripoff "grading"

DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
When in doubt, don't.

Comments

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    1891-C?

I did not know the Charlotte mint made Morgans. I learn things every day on this forum!
  • Options
    lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a nice cleaned XF-40 image
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"
  • Options
    well, at least it's genuine.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what a retod.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe according to the slab, the website is www.silverdollarcoingrading.com but there's no website set up!
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    adamlaneus wrote>>
    1891-C?

I did not know the Charlotte mint made Morgans. I learn things every day on this forum!>>

greg

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Is that a filled die, then? Cool!

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    in the name of full disclosure i should say the above image was originally posted by the OP of this thread, Dennis H (i've just always thought the filled die "C" mint mark was cool)

thanks Dennis!
    greg

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    I'll try to find it again, but you should see the one I ran across this morning. The grade was photoshoped on a CW slab. image
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    Wow! The thought that someone would photoshop a grade on a slab! Perish the thought. image

• Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow! The thought that someone would photoshop a grade on a slab! Perish the thought. image >>

But on a coinworld slab? why not just print it? I could understand someone unscrupulous wanting to photoshop the grade on a major TPG slab at least, but on a slab you can put whatever you want why bother?
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    That's pretty bad. And stunningly dumb, considering that the slab with the original grade will go to the buyer. It's a sure fire way to 'item significantly not as described'.

I've never seen a coin world slab up close. Hope to delay that experience as long as I can. Please link to that auction if you can find it easily...a laugh would be nice. I've got a superior post-work headache right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file