Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Yet another new Presidential varity?

It looks like the endless varieties of the Presidential dollar continues with the James Madison P and D weak edge lettered dollars. Even with PCGS tightening up on what they consider a weak edge to be, some have obviously made the grade. Once again I say it's not just the high price of these different errors and varieties, who has the room to store them all???

Comments

• Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

These new varieties just keep sneaking up on us!

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    weak edge sounds terribly boring to me and not even worth
    a variety.
  • Options
    How many People are actually collecting these dollars?
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many People are actually collecting these dollars? >>

Quite a few. Silverstate above is one of the top registry sets. Griv is dabbling in the deep end of the pond too. I have many, many customers putting together MS66 and MS65 sets and they come back each president like clockwork. I invite you to look at my ebay auctions if you'd like to get involved. Welcome. --Jerry
  • Options
    Hey Jerry,
    Thanks for the info! I will browse your auctions tonight. I really think these coins are really neat and it hopefully wont put a whole in my wallet!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Jerry,
    Thanks for the info! I will browse your auctions tonight. I really think these coins are really neat and it hopefully wont put a whole in my wallet! >>

The set is getting interesting and the mint says no more errors after the Washington "Smooth" edge coins came out. hahahaha

So, If you get in now. You are in at the start of the fun!
    Welcome to the Pres Sets!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sold hundreds.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    The more and more of these quasi varieties that come out, the fewer people will be interested in them (too much trouble to keep up), which will ultimately depress demand and prices. IMHO.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    bfjohnsonbfjohnson Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The more and more of these quasi varieties that come out, the fewer people will be interested in them (too much trouble to keep up), which will ultimately depress demand and prices. IMHO. >>

It happened with baseball card inserts and IMHO will happen with increased varieties and mint products.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Jerry,
    Thanks for the info! I will browse your auctions tonight. I really think these coins are really neat and it hopefully wont put a whole in my wallet! >>

Uh........you could browse my auctions as well.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like the endless varieties of the Presidential dollar continues with the James Madison P and D weak edge lettered dollars. Even with PCGS tightening up on what they consider a weak edge to be, some have obviously made the grade. Once again I say it's not just the high price of these different errors and varieties, who has the room to store them all??? >>

Funny Griv, I thought this was going to be a thread about the FDI Washington 2007-D Weak Edge lettered Coins.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    We are filling up 2007 with lots of varieties.

The poor SAC dollar registry set collectors only get 4 varieties and there seems to be disagreements on what is for the complete and what for the Major set...

We don't seem to have that problem, JUST LOTS of varieties...

• Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many People are actually collecting these dollars? >>

Every person in this country who has received a presidential dollar collects them. Didn't you know they are a RARE and Valuable collector item? Nobody ever spends them
  • Options
    Maybe I am one of the few that spend them.

Most often the clerks look all amazed and want to know If they are real.

Just tell them that some are going for hundreds of dollars or more and the word will get out!

Then they will all be collecting!

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>

<< <i>It looks like the endless varieties of the Presidential dollar continues with the James Madison P and D weak edge lettered dollars. Even with PCGS tightening up on what they consider a weak edge to be, some have obviously made the grade. Once again I say it's not just the high price of these different errors and varieties, who has the room to store them all??? >>

Funny Griv, I thought this was going to be a thread about the FDI Washington 2007-D Weak Edge lettered Coins. >>

Sorry, what was I talking about anyway???

Oh yeah, anyone looking to sell one of those puppies then PM me. image
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe I am one of the few that spend them.

Most often the clerks look all amazed and want to know If they are real.

Just tell them that some are going for hundreds of dollars or more and the word will get out!

Then they will all be collecting! >>

Well, I spent a few the other day. I tried to get the cashier to pass them on to someone else in the form of change.

Cashier:"Oh no, they go straight to the bank." image
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Oh, I spend them in the most creative ways. Just remember, you get away with a lot more if they are rolled. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file