Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I just bought a whole box full of crap..... wtf was I thinking?

It just showed up in the mail. Bunches and bunches of what looks like absolute crap. What in the heck in "The Conlon Collection"? Who makes "Renata Galasso Inc" cards?What is "The Star Company". When did Upper Deck make a whole album of Holographic cards? What seller that knows ANYTHING secures his sets with a rubber band? AAARAGGG

Let this be lesson..... never bid on bulk auctions after two or more glasses of wine with dinner.

Frodo Failed... Bush Has The Ring

Comments

• Options
    What did you get from Renata Galasso?
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    I did the same thing once. What in the world is Sweet Caporal?

Hopefully you didn't pay a lot for it...
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Who makes "Renata Galasso Inc" cards?

ahh Renata Galasso?

I think she made them.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Gumbyfan,

Which players do you have from Sweet Caporal? I have a pretty good collection of those (tobacco cards) but am always looking for ones I don't have or better ones than the ones I do have.

Renato Glasso - 1969 Seattle Pilots, 1961 World Champions: New York Yankees, and I think a set of oil painting reproductions from various artists of the 1927 Yankees. I've never heard of this person/these cards. Still learning I guess.

Carla

Frodo Failed... Bush Has The Ring...
  • Options
    Carla

Renata Gallasso was based in Brooklyn NY and during the 70's she would sell topps vending to
    the public, she would also have reprint sets made and she would sell them too.

Marvel comics would have her ads in the center.

I went to her store once and it was really small.

Steve

Sorry if my original post seemed flippant.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, and no problem. I appreciate good sarcasm/flippancy as a fine art form, so no harm, no foul.

Carla

Frodo Failed... Bush Has The Ring...
  • Options
    I use to have a couple of sets of the WC NY Yankees. If you don't want them you can sell the stars on Ebay and get atleast $5 each for them.
  • Options
    Really? Great! Just wish the seller had included an invoice so I could see what I paid for this box. Are the Renata Galasso's worth anything? I couldn't find them on the SMR Online.
  • Options
    Actually she was based in Queens NY

I suggest you google her name and some decent info can be garnered that way.

TCMA was another company that sold reprints too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It just showed up in the mail. Bunches and bunches of what looks like absolute crap. What in the heck in "The Conlon Collection"? Who makes "Renata Galasso Inc" cards?What is "The Star Company". When did Upper Deck make a whole album of Holographic cards? What seller that knows ANYTHING secures his sets with a rubber band? AAARAGGG

Let this be lesson..... never bid on bulk auctions after two or more glasses of wine with dinner.

Frodo Failed... Bush Has The Ring >>

Hi

I've never bought a bulk lot of anything but I've got tons of crap in the closet from the 90s - so don't feel bad.

Have ya got a link to the auction?

On the Galasso - the 69 Pilots complete set Nmmt books for like 12 bucks and the 61 Yanks Nmmt for 15 bucks.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Around the time Beckett was born 1979 or so baseball cards really became a big deal. Renata Galasso, Larry F. et all used to sell cards (mostly sets) thru The Sporting News and the few hobby pubs around at the time. They also created reprint and other fantasy type sets which are very collectable for the price. Renata Galasso also published her own hobby mag -the first issue had T206 reprints in it which dirtbag sellers will buy and try to pass off as real. I like those early hobby sets my fav is the 1975/76 SSPC and for someone like me who will never be able to afford the "real" ones they make an affordable alternative. Mike
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.