Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

did I make a mistake with the michael jordan auto ?

Hi,

Need help or clarification . I just bought item on ebay 160235697375 99 sp authentic Michael Jordan buyback auto /9 . I should have researched better but the psa serial number 31852577 is legit. My concern is seller says the hologram is on back but looked in beckett and they have no listing for this buyback card . This is not spam just want to know if anyone knows if this is a real buyback or not. PSA says it is real and is listed on their population report but not becketts pop report or price guide not even as a buyback card.

Thanks for any help

Jeremy

Comments

• Options
    I'm no expert on Buybacks or basketball for that matter....but I did find this on Beckett.

2000-01 SP Authentic BuyBack M.Jordan 98-9SPA #8

Beckett has it listed as a /1, but we all know how many times they don't have a clue as to the true print run of a card. I'd say, if I had to guess, that your card comes from 00-01 SP Auth. Buybacks.

Hope you everything works out for you.

Jay
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Well, PSA rejected a couple buy-back cards I sent them because I didn't send them the buyback card that goes with it. I had to mail those in to them in order to get my buybacks holdered. So my guess is, PSA did see a buyback card with the actual card before grading and holdering it. The Buyback cards do have a hologram (usually a long oval one starting the the Letter "A") on the back of the card. It matches up to a hologram on another card that says "UD buy back" and has the same holgoram and number on the back of it.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i sent in a Favre buyback auto from Playoff, with out any buyback card (not sure if playoff uses those or not). PSA slabbed it no problem.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's