Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

EBAY seller markd9331

Hi...
Just wanted some quick opinions on this ebay seller. I put in some relatively low Best Offers on (2) of his 1941 PSA graded PLAYBALL cards, and won both. I will pay with PP and will be covered for my full paymants. Based on his other items and low feedback, does anyone see anything I should be worried about?

He had the items listed for well over the $200 PP coverage. I made sure I only got them if I had coverage. When looking at his other items, he really seems to have a mixed bag of grading companies, raw , etc...

The 2 I bid on both checked out on the PSA page..

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you won two 1941 Double Play cards, not two 1941 Play ball cards. That being said, he accepted paypal, and both transactions are under $200, so why so paranoid? If he follows through, and there is no reason to believe yet that he wont, you got 2 very good deals.

There are 2 recorded sales of the Diamggio in PSA 4 that average about $260 and he accepted your offer of $190, and there are 5 recorded sales of the Williams in PSA 4 that average about $235 and he accepted your offer of $150. Concerns are ok, but right now they seem a little premature. You did very well on the offers that got accepted.
  • I agree, just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions since he has very vague descriptions, no selling history, except for one card, and seems to dable in GEM graded stuff...

Thanks for the reply.
    I have been burned a couple of times, not for a ton of money, so have gotten smart enough to use paypal and make sure I am covered. He has some nice raw stuff also, so i wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on the raw stuff. Some of his scans are not very good so it is tough to tell...

Thanks again,
    Craig
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    When I use Paypal, I always pay using a credit card. Personally, I don't know what Paypal's insurance options are. I trust that if I have a problem, I will dispute with my credit card, and they will take care of it. Over the years, I have disputed with my credit card probably three or four times, and have always been successful at getting my money back.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.