Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Can someone give me ebay's phone number- they just ended all of my auctions and store items?

I am steaming right now... Hundreds of hours of work lost.

Comments

• Wow! Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully you get it straightened out. Think there was a reason? Or a complaint?

Jay
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Did you pay your invoice for the month?
  • RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Said Hijacked account suspicious activity????? I cannot freakin believe this.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yikes that does blow.

Steve
    Good for you.
    PM sent

Let me know if that number worked.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you pay your invoice for the month? >>

I've never had it happen, but I think when you don't pay your ebay bill, they naru you until you do.

And of course good luck getting this whole thing straightened out ASAP.
    He was not NARU'd

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>

<< <i>Did you pay your invoice for the month? >>

I've never had it happen, but I think when you don't pay your ebay bill, they naru you until you do.

And of course good luck getting this whole thing straightened out ASAP. >>

When you don't pay your bill if you are on the 15th cycle on the 20th of the next month they lock your account where you cannot bid or add new listings but any you have remain up. According to billing if you do not pay by the next 20th they will NARU and end everything.

Did you log into your Ebay account from a different computer or list froma different computer? They are suppoused to be tracking this closer than ever.

They said in any instance where you list an item from a different IP address theymay try to contact you if they fail they can cancel your listings,.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Another example of eBay's piss poor customer service. Instead of alerting you to the fact that there is a problem, and allowing you to address it while your auctions are live, they cancel all of them. Worse yet, there is no record of them when they do that. Sometimes I think the whole organizations is run by untrained monkeys.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Actually being on the other side of a hijacked account before I prefer the shoot first ask questions later approach by Ebay. Prime example of why you should always save your listings into files on TL.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< Did you log into your Ebay account from a different computer or list froma different computer? They are suppoused to be tracking this closer than ever.

They said in any instance where you list an item from a different IP address theymay try to contact you if they fail they can cancel your listings,. >>>

Just thinking about it quickly, this isn't a bad idea for ebay to do this - helps keep those foreign vermin hackers from perpetrating their hijacking crimes.

• << <i> Sometimes I think the whole organizations is run by untrained monkeys. >>

Hey, easy now! There are monkeys that would take offense to that! image
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
    What really sucks is I had 87 auctions ending tomorrow and all of them had multiple watchers.
    I have all of them in turbo lister but in lots of different folders. I am sure they just want me to relist everything so they could collect more fees. What a joke. If i didnt have so many worthless 8s and 9s that are not liquid i would never use ebay again.
    Roger if they end your auctions I think they give you back the fees?

I would hope so anyway.

Steve

Good for you.

• << <i>Roger if they end your auctions I think they give you back the fees?

I would hope so anyway.

Steve >>

They should have refunded all your fees
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    When you are an attorney in California, it seems like your entire life is freely available online, to wit:

If Steve's number doesn't help/work, I recommended clicking on the following link which will provide the names, business address and perhaps telephone number and email address to any one of ebay's fifty-one (51) attorneys.

/s/ JackWESQ

Ebay's Attorneys ...
  • 1-800-CALLeBAY

Juat kidding man, I have no idea, but hope you find it!

Giovanni
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    You should be able to recoup all fees and relist in a matter of a couple hours once everything is straightened out.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>What really sucks is I had 87 auctions ending tomorrow and all of them had multiple watchers.
    I have all of them in turbo lister but in lots of different folders. I am sure they just want me to relist everything so they could collect more fees. What a joke. If i didnt have so many worthless 8s and 9s that are not liquid i would never use ebay again. >>

Do what I do-- list all the crap in one big bulk auction and just clear it out. You could probably make $500 more if you waited to sell each card individually, but it would take you years to do that. And you have to deal with the aggravation of looking at all those worthless slabs every day if you try to sell them off piece by piece, which is another reason to just clear 'em out.

I've actually grabbed big handfuls of that stuff and just thrown it out with the trash. Try it-- you'll be amazed at how liberating it feels. It's the card-collecting equivalent of going commando to your brother-in-law's wedding.
    You'd also be surprised at how liberating it is to go through Guy's trash and sell the graded cards for $3 each and at the end of the month go to Capital Grill and get a bottle of Stag's Leap.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i dont like this
    ·p_A·
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>You'd also be surprised at how liberating it is to go through Guy's trash and sell the graded cards for $3 each and at the end of the month go to Capital Grill and get a bottle of Stag's Leap. >>

There's one wrinkle to card-pitching that I forgot to mention, though, and that is that you absolutely must hold on to anything that has zero monetary value whatsoever. Like the Dave Winfield PSA 2 1982 Fleer Stamps I'm currently fawning over, for instance. A card like that you've just go to hold on to. It never loses it's comic value.

You could have cards with negative value: For instance, the cards I intentionally trimmed and sent in to PSA, all of which got slabbed. To prove a point, I thought it would be clever to drill a hole through all 7 cards, which I did. Of course, the drill also went through the piece of drywall I had them on top of and then into my floorboards. So worthless graded cards actually did damage to my house. Well done, Lee. Well done.
  • 1 800 bend over..................

<< <i>

<< <i>What really sucks is I had 87 auctions ending tomorrow and all of them had multiple watchers.
    I have all of them in turbo lister but in lots of different folders. I am sure they just want me to relist everything so they could collect more fees. What a joke. If i didnt have so many worthless 8s and 9s that are not liquid i would never use ebay again. >>

Do what I do-- list all the crap in one big bulk auction and just clear it out. You could probably make $500 more if you waited to sell each card individually, but it would take you years to do that. And you have to deal with the aggravation of looking at all those worthless slabs every day if you try to sell them off piece by piece, which is another reason to just clear 'em out.

I've actually grabbed big handfuls of that stuff and just thrown it out with the trash. Try it-- you'll be amazed at how liberating it feels. It's the card-collecting equivalent of going commando to your brother-in-law's wedding. >>

Your #'s are way off there... when you have 50 raw $2 cards.. I agree throw them all in one lot and be happy with anything you get.

When you have 2000 cards listed from $4-$30 in your ebay store.. There is a big difference in selling all 2000 in one auction for $1500.00-$2500.00 (which is probably what I would get) or piecing them out over the course of the year or two and getting $15000.00-$20000.00

Maybe you didnt hear about the 88 fleer PSA 9 buddy bell that I sold for $15.95...

• Roger: About 2 years ago the same thing happenned to me. Someone hijacked my account, and listed some motorcycles on it. Ebay shut my account down. At the time I had over 800 stamp, coin and cards listed in my ebay store along with a few auctions. I was really sweating bullits because, I did not have them on turbo lister. The thought of rewriting and taking new pics of all those listings made me sick. The good news was after several emails and a few phone calls, I was able to get ebay to put everything back up, along with a credit on my account for all the listing fees. I was required to change my ebay and paypal passwords. Thank goodness you have everything on turbo lister and hopefully you will be reimbursed for your listing fees. Unfortunately, I do not think they will compensated you for the pain and suffering I know you are going through. Good luck.
  • Roger, so is everything straightened out now?
  • cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭

<< <i>Said Hijacked account suspicious activity????? I cannot freakin believe this. >>

my account was jacked about 3 months ago. they didnt list anything but made about 50 offers out to people mostly for gucci handbags. it got straightened out within a day. iirc my listings were intact the whole time but my password had been changed so i couldnt get in though.

hope it works out for you.