Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Question regarding the Hank Aaron Master Set

Hey all...as the Set Registry deadline looms, I was curious if anyone had any information relative to the Hank Aaron Master Set, specifically, why were none of the sets awarded a 2007 Award? No affect on my Master Set (#3) and I don't know the two fellows at #1 and #2, just thought someone here might know why no '07 award for this huge player set...thanks for any help!!!

Always looking for odd-ball Hanks for my set...........image
I NEED HANKS!!!

Comments

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Without looking at the set:
    The standards of set completeness have changed over the years. Fisrt it had to be at 50% or better, then 75% or better, I believe it was 90% or better last year. With the set being so large and some of the cards being very difficult to obtain it wouldn't surprise me that no one is at that level quite yet.
  • I looked at the set. He is correct. No set meets 90% so last year none of these would qualify. None currently qualify for this year either.
    I looked at Doug Rivard's #1 current finest set and I understand why. The cards he is missing are incedibly exotic. I have collected 40 years and have never seen most of the cards he is missing.
    Good luck to anybody who takes this one on.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Thanks for the information guys, I agree with the statement regarding the #1 set it is simply a brilliant compilation. I stand at #3 in the Hank Aaron Master and have a difficult time convincing myself to acquire low-end issues in order to progress my set (although I have a couple of dogs)...and yes I additionally agree that with the massive size of the set and continual additions of the most exotic of issues, I think it may be a while before another Registry award is issued for the Hank Master. If the guy at #1 ever looks at the boards, three words........"I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!!"image
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • I think the rule is 85% complete in order to claim the top prize. Fuzz, I hope you are wrong at 90% because I will be hard pressed to get my Aaron set to 90% by the deadline. The top Aaron set right now is mine. I was at about 82% last year at the deadline. That's how I found out about the 85% rule. I was scrambling at the end when all the team cards were added. It really caught me by surprise and I picked up as many as I could before the deadline. Aaron has 20 team cards just from Topps. Throw in some OPC and Venezuelan's and he's probably at 30.

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.