Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Guess the Grade....You better than PSA?

Guess the grade? Any spots or lines you see are from my scanner. There is no trick here...both the cards have a clean surface front and back.

Comments

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    9 on the left, 8 on the right.
  • Options
    LakersFANLakersFAN Posts: 288 ✭✭
    9 left, 10 right
  • Options
    You cheated and looked on Photobucket.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pocket pair - 9 9.
  • Options
    There is no way the card on the right should get a 10......look at the centering....it's almost a PSA 9 with OC qualifier in my opinion. Oh well.....I'll take the charity.

• Options
    9 Left and 10 Right

Did I win? image

Giovanni
  • Options
    You won!
  • Options
    they might be throwing darts coming up with the grades i've seen recently
  • Options
    I used to think grader #082 was bad but I'll take him over the last couple of graders I've had. Oh well.....it's just an opinion right? lol.
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    how can you tell what grader you got? thanks
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    No such thing as grader 082, the cert does not match a specific grader.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    wOO i picked right!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would have guessed 10, 9 but I meant to say 9, 10. image
  • Options
    imo the left card which got a 9 seems to have a rounded corner top left side.......which is why i gave it a 9 versus a 10...which the card on the right seems to have 4 sharpe corners....juss my 2 cents.....!
  • Options

<< <i>There is no way the card on the right should get a 10......look at the centering....it's almost a PSA 9 with OC qualifier in my opinion. >>

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options

<< <i>No such thing as grader 082, the cert does not match a specific grader.

Steve >>

I've heard that the first three digits of the cert number is the grader? You probably know more info than I on this topic.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No such thing as grader 082, the cert does not match a specific grader.

Steve >>

I've heard that the first three digits of the cert number is the grader? You probably know more info than I on this topic. >>

That could be, who knows?

I'm gona check some of mine image

Giovanni
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    oc???? i am glad you are not working at psa. image

btw, nice cards.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I have grader 152.

Giovanni

Edited to add: He wasen't suck a good grader image I like the grader I had before(let me get his digits image )

Giovanni
  • Options
    My first grader was #072. Hope I get that guy again on my next sub image

Giovanni
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    What were the centering specs you get for the card on the right?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I have grader 152.

Gio again, the cert number does not mean a specific grader.

4 graders that day could have used those cert numbers.

I pass this along to you guys from a long ago thread in which CAROL replied
    and told us this information.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Grader 082?image
  • Options

<< <i>I have grader 152.

Gio again, the cert number does not mean a specific grader.

4 graders that day could have used those cert numbers.

I pass this along to you guys from a long ago thread in which CAROL replied
    and told us this information.

Steve >>

Come one, Steve, let Gio have his ignorant fantasies. He is an Expert Collector after all. image
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Really? You mean there are minute differences between a 9 and a 10, and sometimes 10s can be 9s and 9s can be 10s? Wow, what an original concept that nobody on these boards has ever thought of!!
  • Options
    A quick unofficial pixel count seems to indicate both cards are within the guidelines for a 10.
  • Options

<< <i>A quick unofficial pixel count seems to indicate both cards are within the guidelines for a 10. >>

But Steviedoobie believes it is almost a 9 (OC).
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if that's the same grader that inspected my new pair of Dockers?

Mike
  • Options
    Of course I'm happy that the 10 is a 10.....I'm not going to send it back and ask them to reholder it as a PSA 9. The whole point that I was making is that If I was grading those two cards I wouldn't have seen it as a 10. As for the Brett Favre card being downgraded from a 9 to a "trimmed" card is odd. I'm sure they have three graders looking at each card like they show on their video!
  • Options
    You;re like an alcoholic that complains about the taste of alcohol. The grading companies are what they are. Move on.
  • Options

<< <i>Of course I'm happy that the 10 is a 10.....I'm not going to send it back and ask them to reholder it as a PSA 9. The whole point that I was making is that If I was grading those two cards I wouldn't have seen it as a 10. As for the Brett Favre card being downgraded from a 9 to a "trimmed" card is odd. I'm sure they have three graders looking at each card like they show on their video! >>

These kinds of cards are only graded by one person - doubt they would even get a review.

The reality of how the graders work - how many they truly have etc. - came out in a deposition having to do with a lawsuit a few years ago.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>You;re like an alcoholic that complains about the taste of alcohol. The grading companies are what they are. Move on. >>

The "authority" has spoken...........we should all obey. LOL.
  • Options
    What exactly is your compaint, and what can you do about it other than complain? Why keep complaining? You've been here for 5 months doing nothing but complain about grading, yet you continue to submit cards to PSA and buy graded cards. Here's an idea: STOP DEALING WITH GRADED CARDS.
  • Options
    My dad bought an Edsel in 1959.

mike

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>What exactly is your compaint, and what can you do about it other than complain? Why keep complaining? You've been here for 5 months doing nothing but complain about grading, yet you continue to submit cards to PSA and buy graded cards. Here's an idea: STOP DEALING WITH GRADED CARDS. >>

Like I said.....The "Authority" has spoken.....everyone hush!
  • Options
    I'm no authority- I'm just a schmuck on the boards like you. But your constant negaitivity and lack of any real content here make reasonable thinking people question what your intentions are. Clearly they are to shed light on the inconsistencies of grading, which everybody here already knows. To add yet another apt analogy to your actions, this would be like going to a McDonald's message board and explain how unhealthy their food is. We know. We get it. We understand. You're not being original. You're not an out-of-the-box thinker. I don't know what else to tell you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm no authority- I'm just a schmuck on the boards like you. But your constant negaitivity and lack of any real content here make reasonable thinking people question what your intentions are. Clearly they are to shed light on the inconsistencies of grading, which everybody here already knows. To add yet another apt analogy to your actions, this would be like going to a McDonald's message board and explain how unhealthy their food is. We know. We get it. We understand. You're not being original. You're not an out-of-the-box thinker. I don't know what else to tell you. >>

Please give me another analogy...I'm not exactly getting what you are tyring to say!
  • Options
    Circle:Sphere::Steviedoobie:Unoriginal moron that nobody likes
  • Options
  • Options
    Def Leppard was on Dancing with the Stars tonite.

I thought they sounded great for old dudes!!!!!

First they sang the oldie - Pour some sugar...

Classic Def!!!!

Mike
  • Options
    Gio, it's no big deal. He made himself perfectly clear.......I think?
  • Options
  • Options
    Gio, if you started a thread for every single graded card you owned and said how each was misgraded, I'd probably react the same way. However, if you do decide to do that, at least make a youtube video so each thread would at least be mildly entertaining.
  • Options
    Nope, he didn't make himself perfectly clear. Maybe another analogy and it will be settled!
  • Options

<< <i>Gio, if you started a thread for every single graded card you owned and said how each was misgraded, I'd probably react the same way. However, if you do decide to do that, at least make a youtube video so each thread would at least be mildly entertaining. >>

Like I said to you Lee, i'm dman tired and starting to get cranky so I need somebody to take it out on image

I deleated my post, no need to jump on you, your a cool dude in my book, so my fault image

Just messing around with cha!

Giovanni
  • Options
    We're good Gio. Keep the youtubes coming.
  • Options

<< <i>We're good Gio. Keep the youtubes coming. >>

My brother stole his cam back, lol.

Hope he will let me borrow it again when I get back my $5 special sub, I sent in 30 cards, man I can't wait for that!!! image

I gotta get myself a cam so I can stop bothering my brother.

Giovanni
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Welcome to Editfest 2008! Starring Giovanni Azzarelli as the village idiot.
  • Options
    Why is Bert angry?? Because his 9's were 10's and the 10's were 9's.
    Also because Ernie is cheating on him with Cookie Monster!