Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What has Upper Deck done with my Card?

I redeemed this card today and they say the item is depleted. How can this be? What do I do now? What do I tell the U D rep when I call?

Thanks, Mike

DAISUKE MATSUZAKA
2007 SP AUTHENTIC BASEBALL BY THE LETTER ROOKIE SIGNATURES CD#150

Inventory depleted. Please contact customer service for exchange. 1-800-873-7332

The Proud Owner of THE CARDBOARD VILLAGE

Comments

• Call them, and they will probably replace it with something of equal value that you like. At least, this is what they have done for others.

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Man, my heart dropped when I saw that. I've been waiting for my Sport Royaly auto since last Sept.

I do know that they had a lot of problems trying to get him to return the cards to them. He signed all the sticker autos in January but not the on-card sigs.

I just checked mine and it finally says "Item in process of shipping along with other projects, expect within 14 days" Been waiting for those words for 8 months.

I had made a contact at Upper Deck during this ordeal who's been keeping me informed (except he hadn't told me yet that mine was ready)

I just emailed him and asked him to check into your problem.

He's always been pretty quick getting back to me so I'll post here when he does
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upper Deck has really improved their customer service. They lost a card of mine when they moved offices and they more than made up for it.
    Mike
    Yeah 2 replies from him in the last hour - pretty cool

first was to assure me mine was coming finally

and just the same info their website told you - inventory depleted for some reason.

• StanTheManMusial, Thanks I plan to call when I have ample time, in case I'm put on hold for along time. Also I want to get some ideas, I usually just tell them to replace with something fair, but I feel this is one I don't want to be surprised on. I have had a few where I felt was not fair and a couple I felt was more then fair, guess it all works out in the end.

ndleo, I agree Upper Deck Redemptions has improved.

zep33, Thanks for checking on this with your U. D. Contact and congratulation on yours finally coming, that's gonna be a nice one.

Thanks, Mike
  • Thanks all for your suggestion and support. I'm confused now, Upper deck has changed, my redemption states.

I also received the email on it.

I'll keep you all updated on how this turns out.

Thanks, Mike .

DAISUKE MATSUZAKA
    2007 SP AUTHENTIC BASEBALL BY THE LETTER ROOKIE SIGNATURES CD#150 Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient. 4/29/2008

---------------------------------------------
    Upper Deck Redemption ID xxxxxxxxxx
    Date:

Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:57 EST

Click here to send a message.noreply@upperdeck.com
    To:

Click here to send a message.MIKEFROMCHESTER@CS.COM
    « Previous | Next »
    View all headers
    Congratulations Mike!

On 4/29/2008 12:57:49 PM, we received your online redemption for: 2007 SP AUTHENTIC BASEBALL BY THE LETTER ROOKIE SIGNATURES CD#150; Athlete: DAISUKE MATSUZAKA.

Please allow up to 12-16 weeks for delivery. We will send you an e-mail when your redemption item ships. You can view the status of your redemption online simply by logging in and choosing 'My Redemptions' from the My Upper Deck menu.

To verify your shipping address, log in and choose 'My Account' from the My Upper Deck menu.

UPPER DECK STORE COUPON – GET 20% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!

As an expression of our thanks to you for collecting Upper Deck trading cards by presenting you with a special discount coupon code good for 20% off your next purchase at UpperDeckStore.com.* Log on to shop anytime; just enter coupon code REDEEM at checkout stage!

Thank You,

The Upper Deck Company

* Note: This discount may not be applicable to certain products. Please verify at time of purchase.
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Topps' redemption program is hideous. Expect the first long post from Mr. Mudflap later tonight in quite some time. I will be ranting on that exact subject - hope it all works out for you.
  • These are starting to surface, this one is on Ebay 07/10 .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220232326309
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Is that the "R" from 'Daisuke', or 'Matsuzaka'?
  • Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Is that the "R" from 'Daisuke', or 'Matsuzaka'?

Robert
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Chris Carlin is the guy you want to talk to at UD. He's the customer service manager. Everytime I've had an issue taken up with him, I was more than satisfied. I've gotten $500 in stuff for auto's that booked $120 before. I've never gotten a different sport that I can remember though. I've had football stuff that was a redemption and asked for Griffey, Pujols, Lebron etc but always got football in return. Usually Manning. I don't remember his email for certain, but I think it is chris.carlin@upperdeck.com
    Give that, or a few different permutations a try. ie ccarlin@upperdeck.com, chris_carlin...etc.

• << <i>Is that the "R" from 'Daisuke', or 'Matsuzaka'? >>

Red Sox, as they made many with the teams name as well.

I did a buy it now on this one for $400 (the first sold on ebay) and resold in a couple days for $550 before about 6 of them just hit the market.
    That's the one I have coming - doesn't show as shipped yet though image
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Red Sox, as they made many with the teams name as well.

Unless it's from a 1909 throwback jersey, it's not the R in Red Sox.

• yea, i agree, not a very good likeness with the "fake patches" ...i never understood the desire of collectors to collect the admittedly fake patches, i wouldn't mind the real game used ones though...

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    It is a joke that UD does not have this card. They built all their 07 late releases on Dice K auto, they were all redmptions with
    few exceptions. Now they are trying to bail on that promise. I would demand ANOTHER Dice K autograph and I would start with
    that Goudey one. If you give them an option to screw you then they will. Don't give them a list of 5 players, don't sit and wait and
    don't accept garbage. To me, anything less than a Dice K autograph is unacceptable.

Carlin is no longer in the same role that he was, but he will be able to put you in contact with someone else. DO NOT TALK TO A
    RANDOM CS AGENT. Get a real person with a real email addy. Be polite but firm. A Dice K auto is the only solution here.

Good Luck!

Kevin

• << <i>It is a joke that UD does not have this card. They built all their 07 late releases on Dice K auto, they were all redmptions with
    few exceptions. Now they are trying to bail on that promise. I would demand ANOTHER Dice K autograph and I would start with
    that Goudey one. If you give them an option to screw you then they will. Don't give them a list of 5 players, don't sit and wait and
    don't accept garbage. To me, anything less than a Dice K autograph is unacceptable.

Carlin is no longer in the same role that he was, but he will be able to put you in contact with someone else. DO NOT TALK TO A
    RANDOM CS AGENT. Get a real person with a real email addy. Be polite but firm. A Dice K auto is the only solution here.

Good Luck!

Kevin >>

Although dice is selling pretty good now, i am not sure i wouldnt rather have something else...did you see his last outing....8 walks, his balls were all over the place, i am surprised the sox won that game with his pitching....he cant continue to pitch like that and expect the results he did last game.....definetely worth keeping your eye on. If you do accept a trade, i would let them know you want something with a market value of at least $300+....good luck
    Check out what Nomo autos go for IF you can find them. Dice K is 20 times better. Believe me, he will want the Dice K

Kevin

<< <i>

<< <i>It is a joke that UD does not have this card. They built all their 07 late releases on Dice K auto, they were all redmptions with

Good Luck!

Kevin >>

Although dice is selling pretty good now, i am not sure i wouldnt rather have something else...did you see his last outing....8 walks, his balls were all over the place, i am surprised the sox won that game with his pitching....he cant continue to pitch like that and expect the results he did last game.....definetely worth keeping your eye on. If you do accept a trade, i would let them know you want something with a market value of at least $300+....good luck >>

Dice-K will go 26-2 this year

• << <i>

<< <i>
    Although dice is selling pretty good now, i am not sure i wouldnt rather have something else...did you see his last outing....8 walks, his balls were all over the place, i am surprised the sox won that game with his pitching....he cant continue to pitch like that and expect the results he did last game.....definetely worth keeping your eye on. If you do accept a trade, i would let them know you want something with a market value of at least $300+....good luck >>

Dice-K will go 26-2 this year >>

I certainly hope so....since my padres suck, my 2nd favorite team is bosox....but i will definetely be watching dicek...he looked terrible in his last outing.
  • Upper deck came thru with this I, recieved it today from FedEx.

Thanks, Mike

• DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    That "I" is even stranger from a letter standpoint. I am guessing it is from his first name which is not on his jersey. Hmmmm.....
    nice card Mike!!

The I is probably from ROOKIE

• Nice..

It could also be a side of the U in his name
    Most likely Dice K.

Is it for trade Mike? Congrats!

Kevin
  • thriller13thriller13 Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Nice card. Congrats, glad it all worked out.
    ----------------------------------------
    Currently working on:
    1955 Topps All-American
    George Brett Master Set
    2009 A&G's