Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Quote of the day

"The way I look at it is the reason cards in better condition sell for more is because they look better than a card in worse condition"

Seen on some obscure message board.

Steve

Good for you.

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You saw that I replied to that stupid statement right?
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yogism
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    LOL Yep I did Nick.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭

<< <i>"The way I look at it is the reason cards in better condition sell for more is because they look better than a card in worse condition"

Seen on some obscure message board.

Steve

image >>

And, likewise, cards in poorer condition sell for less since they don't look as good as cards in better condition.

I never realized how these two statements were related. That guy is a genius.
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of something my friend from the Czech Republic told me. He said that when he and his buddies were at a party, all the guys would go after the ugly girls. I was somewhat confused, so I asked him why. "We thought they would be less trouble," he confessed.

• << <i>Yogism >>

That's the first person that came to mind. Holy crap Yogi Berra collects cards.image
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭

<< <i>Reminds me of something my friend from the Czech Republic told me. He said that when he and his buddies were at a party, all the guys would go after the ugly girls. I was somewhat confused, so I asked him why. "We thought they would be less trouble," he confessed. >>

He's right. Nothing is worse than spending an entire evening going after the hot girl, spending all your money on her, and passing up slam-dunk other possibilities, only to have some better looking guy show up at the end and take her away.

Oh, and try not to mention your hand-collated 1983 Fleer set. Girls don't care that you put it together from packs. And no, they don't want your doubles.