Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

john starks auto card.....

Hi all,
I'm trying to get a John starks 2005-2006 Fleer Auto card. The seller wants 18 for it, should I go 15?

Vince

Comments

• Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I personally wouldn't pay that much for John Starks when you could get a HOF player's autographed card for less, but if your a huge John Starks fan maybe, not sure what those typically go for.
  • Options
    market value for a player of that stature (semi star that has been retired for years) is hard to gauge. you'll have to either do a search on ebay and figure out what other starks autos have been going for or, if you want the card that bad, purchase the card because you're not giving up much. value is in the eye of the beholder in this hobby.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    If you really want it just give him the $18. It's just a $3 difference. Just don't buy a cup of coffee at Starbuck's tomorrow. The card is "worth" whatever someone (i.e. YOU) is willing to pay. To me the card is worth a buck or two but I don't collect John Starks cards though I do admire him for making it to the NBA and being a productive player.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Starks was a popular Knick and I would say his autos trade well. Some of those retired semistars of the 1990s that did not sign a lot have big value. I know Divac autos were out of control for a while, All of the Bulls role players were hot for a while, Sprewells did well, I can't think of anymore off the top of my head. If you want it get it.
  • Options
    i love starks. he always got toasted by mj, but he had his moments. a lot of grit and a tough defender...didnt get a whole lot of attention because of ewing and riley...but he was part of that hard, gritty core (including c smith, X, jackson) that made NY basketball ugly at times, but damn good.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi all,
    I'm trying to get a John starks 2005-2006 Fleer Auto card. The seller wants 18 for it, should I go 15?

Vince >>

The one in Greats of the Game?
    maybe offer $10 shipped

When this auto came out and also his Topps Fan favorite at the same time, they would go for around 15-20 since he doesn't really have many autos.

Now the Fleer greats of the game goes for under 10 regularly

Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends