Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So how do I proceed now? What can I hope for?

Something doesn't seem right her, I am upset, especially with the sellers threats of negative feedback
I bought a Tiger Woods Rookie Card with swatch for $99 + shipping = $108.20
paid through Paypal
Link

now seller sends me this message:

Dear torcan07,

I've been selling these cards for another seller, for several months now, and he has quit shipping them. We've had over 100 transactions together and now he's ditched me on the last 25 auctions (yours included). By the way, he is using another cosignor, redhotsports. Beware of any items from this seller!! He is selling items for the same person that won’t ship the remaining 25 auctions of mine. I am going to file a mutual agreement to NOT complete our transaction thru eBay. This will not affect either of our records since it was mutually agreed upon. Please verify, thru eBay's dispute console, once you've received their notification. You do not need to leave me feedback, but if you do, I will mirror your feedback (negative for negative, neutral for neutral, and positive for positive). This whole situation is completely out of my control but I want to be honest with you. Again, I am very sorry for this. I am fully refunding those that have already submitted payments. Thank you!

- sizzlingsports

He hasn't done the e-bay mutual agreement, and he hasn't refunded my money yet

any suggestions? Anyone have this happen to them?

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Make your paypal claim ASAP to get him off his butt and send you the refund.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Why would he mirror your neg? That's so stupid. He needs to make good and accept a neg or a neutral with no retaliation...and the whole situation seems shady to begin with. If you're willing to agree to mutual not compliance then feedback won't matter anyway, but you should ask him why he would mirror your neg when you paid in good faith. I'm dying to know what he'd say. Also, make sure he refunds you immediately before any feedback is left - so you don't have to go through months of hassle.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Do NOT leave ANY FB, yet.

Do the mutual and get your refund.

There are STRONG rumors that sellers are going to be barred from
    leaving NEG FB prior to May 19, and that the prohibition will be
    retroactive to sales made BEFORE the policy change.

If the rumors turn out to be true, I would NEG the guy. Otherwise,
    not.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I sent him an e-mail asking where the mutual withdrawl was, and where the refund was

He sent me a dispute, as item unpaid, and we both agreed to mutually not complete
    he also sent me the refund, but it is "pending" WTF is that all about?

any help is much appreciated.
  • Options
    Get your money back first then blow up his house. Seriously, get your money back and let it go. The seller sounds like an idiot with his "mirror your feedback" comment, you won an auction and paid....what did you do wrong???? NOTHING!!! But as long as you get your $$$ back quickly, i'd say let it go. JMO
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    He refunded
    but it is PENDING

I don't understand why the Pending, that concerns me.
  • Options

<< <i>He refunded
    but it is PENDING

I don't understand why the Pending, that concerns me. >>

Torc, I am not sure what that means either. Wish I had some info for you but at least it looks like you may get your full payment back. Best of luck!!!
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

• Options
    He sent me this message
    Dear torcan07,

I don't know why the paypal payment is pending. It may be because I have $95 in my paypal and it will take the other $10 from my bank account tomorrow. I've never seen it pending but that's all I can think of. It says it will clear on May 2. Either way, I've submitted the refund and you will get it sometime between now and May 2. Thanks! Mike

This Sucks!!!

I'll keep you all informed of the outcome
  • Options
    Torc, that sounds legit IMO if they have to draw it from his bank. Either way, it stinks you got into this mess but hopefully everything works out.
    Collecting Interests:

• Options
    I know it stinks to have to wait to get your money back, but sounds like that is what he is trying to get accomplished.

At the very least, if he does follow through with a cleared refund, you are out nothing more than a disappointment. I realize that is bad enough, though.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    This person is selling something he does not have possession of??
  • Options
    Sounds like one of those info mercials you see on TV sometimes , where they sell things on Ebay for other parties and make
    "thousands of dollars a month"

I wonder if this could be one of these situations .

• Options

<< <i>This person is selling something he does not have possession of?? >>

That happens more than you think on Ebay. Not so much in Sportscards, but other areas it does.

The part that makes me call BS on the whole thing is the name of the 2 sellers. sizzlinsports and redhotsports.. I call BS on the whole thing.
  • Options
    If you sent $108.+ and he only has $95 in his account....

I could care less what others think, but I HATE people like this seller. There's a right way and a wrong way to conduct any business. If someone pays you and for whatever reason you have to refund them....it should be done in a timely manner. The other party shouldn't have to wait because you don't have their money on hand any longer.

I don't know, maybe I'm the only one that see's it that way. When I receive a payment, it sits in my PP for a few days (minimum) to ensure the buyers receives their item and is atleast satisfied. If not, and a refund is warranted, bingo....refund sent. Not this, "oh well you have to wait" game.

/rant
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    Didgging deeper the 2 sellers are the same look at the selling times and check out the cert numbers of some of the cards sizzlingsports sold several times they are all the same.

Text

sizzlin2

redhot
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    When someone pays with paypal it takes 3 or 4 days to get to your bank account if you withdraw.

So in essence a 'pending refund' is basically that in reverse.

I never leave any money in my paypal account. If I grant a refund (and I happen to not have funds in my account)
    the refund will be sent 'pending' I see no problem with that. I do have a problem if a person takes his sweet time in granting one
    and then I have to wait for it to clear. If they do it right away I see no problem with the 3 or 4 day wait.

Leaving money in your paypal account is just asking for trouble.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I would wait for the payment to clear paypal (it probably will in a few days), then email him not to worry about the feedback. As long as a seller does not cheat me, I do not leave neg or nuetral feedback. Then, of course, I would not to buy from him again.
  • Options
    The bigger issue is that Ebay has to do something about sellers who list items that they do not have in their possession. I've come across this a couple of times as well and it is really irritating. Consignors should be required to have the item in their possession before they are allowed to start the listing.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    first off you should really look into what you were bidding on. there was a thread just a week ago about how much 01 UD Golf product there is out there, with a link about a guy that opened something like 7000 cases. on top of that that swatch thingy is something that beckett use to put in. you really think that they were putting a piece of a tiger shirt in there??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's