Home Stamps Forum

Second Opinion on Reperf?

Anyone out there that's good at spotting a reperf, does this scott 157 definitely appear to be reperfed at the bottom?

PSE Cert for Scott 157

In Bill Weiss' Opinion, he stated that the gum is original and the perfs are genuine. I'm considering sending it in to the PF for a second opinion.

Matt

Comments

• This might help others form an opinion. It does not look quite right to me.

• LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    Looks reperfed to me.

Lou
    lchobbyco
    ANA Life-Member
  • Thanks Lou. I was hoping you might see this.

Matt
  • As a follow up, I sent this to the PF and their opinion is that the gum is original, and it is reperforated at left, not at the bottom. Also, they say its a 146 red brown, not a 157 brown. Its for sale. Any interested buyers?

Matt
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    So, who's opinion do you take since all 3 are different?
  • That's the difficulty with opinions. I personally value the PSE and PF opinions more because they are based on the opinion of I think at least 3 experts. I also think the view within the field is that the PF is more reliable.

This is not the first time I have seen opinions differ. I suppose we have to remember these are just that-expert opinions.

Matt
  • coverscovers Posts: 624
    In this particular case, I would side with PSE on the re-perf at bottom and #157 portions at least. Probably also trust them more than the PF with gum. Finally, when conflicting opinions exist, assume the worse and offer as such (unless you REALLY know what you are doing yourself).
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com