Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Justsnipe down?

I'm trying to cancel a snipe in the worst way but can't log in.

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Nevermind, I'm in.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Dumba$$ image

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    got me a snipe bid about an hour ago
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I'm telling you it was down for like 10 minutes. You gotta believe me. YOU GOTTA!!!
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I dont believe it. I cant. I wont.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    are you sure you went to Justsnipe and not Just-nips ??

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Any idea if eBay has instituted a new program to combat snipe programs? My Gixen account has failed 3 times in the last two days and it's killing me!
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any idea if eBay has instituted a new program to combat snipe programs? My Gixen account has failed 3 times in the last two days and it's killing me! >>

That would be idiotic. They more snipes, the higher the final sale price, the higher their cut.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    The new eBay Partner Network has altered the ability of sniping services to apply affiliate codes to snipe bids. I have no idea how Gixen works, but I would imagine there is a possibility it could affect their service.
  • Options

<< <i>Any idea if eBay has instituted a new program to combat snipe programs? My Gixen account has failed 3 times in the last two days and it's killing me! >>

Hmm..I've had about 5 snipes go off with no glitches this week through gixen. Has it been working at all for you michael?
  • Options
    Yeah Diz, that's why I'm so freaked out - It just started acting up yesterday after months of eBay goodness - and there's a Dwight Evans rookie ending right after the Celtics game tonight that's I'm dying to snipe but I have Indiana Jones tickets with my fiance - we have to rush out the door after the game (unless there is OT - in which case I'm out $24 on the movie tickets!)
  • Options
    Set the same snipe on www.blazingbid.com. It's free...

That way if Gixen doesn't work you'll be covered.
  • Options
    Man I hope that didn't screw with something that would keep Gixen bids from executing. I do all of my bidding through Gixen and that would suck.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    gixen has failed for me 5 times in the last 3 days - after more than a year with 100% success on hundreds of bids.

EBay must feel like this is costing them revenue - though I think I spend more than ever using Gixen.

I think this is an attempt to push people to use their "NEW! Bid Assistant"
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Ok then, now I know I'm not crazy - it started 3 days ago for me too. Was the message you got "eBay asked for validation code"?
  • Options
    I won 4 items on Tuesday using Gixen all ending around 3 pm cst. I might try using blazingbid like crbatt suggested. I checked Gixens message board and it seems like everyone else is having problems.
  • Options
    Damn so no more Gixen? the last snipe I had was Tuesday and it went smooth..I have a few things I need this weekend so I may have to use blazing bid as well, Lets just hope this one is still working too.

Anybody have any problems in the last few days with other sniping services?
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok then, now I know I'm not crazy - it started 3 days ago for me too. Was the message you got "eBay asked for validation code"? >>

I got that message as well and also on an auction that required PayPal it showed as failed for not having a PayPal account- which of course is an error.

My scheduled bids with Gixen executed last night (Thurs pm) though
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I've had 4 failures by Justsnipe in the last couple days???

I'm feelin a little gun shy.
  • Options
    Not sure if this helps or is related to other sniping services being down.

This is a current discussion group (earlier in the month) on 'ensipe' on the ebay - discussion group/ message board

esnipe problems discussion on an ebay-message board

Maybe recent changes on ebay and other sniping program(s) of some sort have made things go awry. There is something stated in this discussion group that some auctions that require a paypal account are the ones that are failing.

The 4th entry down has a step by step approach in identifying if ebay and paypal are still correctly linked up. So I dont know if this is the common problem/issue but its what I found when I was looking up esnipe. I had a snipe go through successfully on tuesday but I have a few set up for tonight which are the first two I have had since then - but luckily the auction(s) I am sniping dont only require paypal - and this seems to be the issue that is discussion in this dicussion group that the link refers to.

Again not sure if its the same issue you are having on other snipe programs, just throwing out a potential suggestion/resolution for ya.

• Options
    So now I just went to the gixen message group to see what problems they are having (yea I am doing this on my work time but I am on a computer all day so no one knows)

This is the link
    Gixen related issues

Whats going on with this sniping services and possibly others is it looks like ebay doenst like the host IP or whatever that the sniping service is coming from - and that ebay is requiring the sniping service to put in an extra passcode because ebay is making sure that its coming from a trusted source (a trusted source being the user who has logged into their ebay account and manually placed a bid).

So basically if you have ever been on an email or some other thing and you get a screen that asks you to type in the numbers and letters that you see in the picture box in order to continue on with your email being sent out - because the program (such as the email program) is making sure you are coming from a trusted source or not sending out spam....... This is now what ebay looks like they have implemented to make sure with an extra level of security that you are coming from a trusted source.

What this probably means is you are all good if you come in from your own account and ebay is fine with that, but if you are coming in through a sniping service - ebay right now 'may not' be fine with that. This may mean that whatever changes ebay recently implemented that they probably did some security change (along with the well known changes they recently did) so now there may be a glitch with ebay being able to receive requests coming in through a sniping service.

Okay. I probably just lost about 90% of the people who were reading this .... so sorry if I got too geeky/technical/computer-dorky in my explanations. In a nutshell ebay made some extra level of security change that may now have broke some or all sniping services. Dont know this for sure, but that seems to be the case.

Sniping may not be the way to go in the near term.

later
    good luck with the sniping
    rich

• Options
    Rich, very helpful and intelligent post. Please post more often. Blazingbid worked for me a few times yesterday so what I'm hoping is that it'll start to be like a Napster effect. When one sniping service is "caught" another will pop up quickly with little or no break. But I agree with a post above that said that this is definitely not in their best interest - items do go higher when multiple snipes are set. It does however continue with the theory that they want to forget auctions all together in the future and just do straight marketplace sales.